World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

1 Like

You can tell Jonathan David was born in the US because he’s a striker that can’t finish.

Croatia to win at + money was quite free.

2 Likes

running is more physcially demanding than say gliding on an ice rink, hence why players are more easily fouled / stay down longer towards the final mins ;)

1 Like

I think the refs are allowing more for any injury time diving - always been a small issue - we’ve seen at least one game where injury time at final time was say 9 mins and the clocks still running 11 mins after 90mins - Jal will jog my short term memory deficit (cheers MM) but a team scored within that 101st min less than 48hrs ago. (2-0 was the final result got the first during injury time - probably Wales vs Iran - with the first goal coming in injury time)

1 Like

so Canada sucks Belgium is just horrible good to know

2 Likes

Alphonso Davies is world class. Rest of the roster is cheeks.

Belgium’s back line is atrocious. For being in the conversation for best player on earth, KDB has been underwhelming. All in all, they’ve aged out of their golden age. Lukaku was a beast at Euro, but was injured for the first game.

I do remember reading belgium fans having that fear going in, so many 29 or older in a sport you have to run around a big field for 90 minutes past that age myself, yeah that ain’t happening

Canada looked good for the first ~25 then Croatia figured them out.

Punished their weaknesses and made use of the extra man in midfield. As much as I’ve talked him up Herdmann got it wrong. Need 3 in mf vs Croatia

ruhroh Deutschland

Well that substitution worked out well

Musiala is just so so good.

1 Like

Still think Canada/USA are/were the 2nd best teams in their groups?

USA still a coin flip to advance, Canada just scored 0 off of 3 xG vs Belgium.

Spain had 3.13 xG in their 7 spot vs Costa Rica.
Canada had 2.9 in their 0 spot vs Belgium.

Bet Belgium bottom of the group pre tourney at 15/1, so close. Still possible, but Canada has to win and Croatia win by a combined 4 I think.

USA just needed to have better game management vs Wales. Both first games just looked like young, inexperienced teams which is largely what they are.

2 Likes

Best player on the field today.

1 Like

embryonic Luftwaffe, gonna grow into the tournament

Huh?

I am currently playing poker next to a Serb and getting his perspective on the current game.

1 Like

Ask him what he thinks of the other Balkan nations

Pretty good game so far

Wait what?

This game is absolutely off tap

Ask him now.

1 Like