World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

maybe it’s just the american in me… but that attempt at an Argentinian cramp where the player laid down that happened in extra time is just a whole lot less likely to occur if the ref says “ok you’re cramping, have a break on the sideline for a bit. see you at the next stoppage of play.”

although i will say this ref handled it decently.

I think Ochoa is wildly overhyped, but I’m not sure anyone is saving that. He squeezed that thing through inches of space in a split second. Just GOAT doing GOAT things. Second goal was a worldie too.

1 Like

only in Canada can you gain absolutely nothing and call it a win though I guess you all hated america instead of each other for awhile

US gained rapidly as a result of the war, just west not north

lolmehico

Canada was 25% to get out of the group, their odds have gone down since losing their first match. That is basically impossible.

No one will be happy if they go out like without scoring or winning, but 4 points probably gets you through.

Burning the white house down is gaining something long term

The action starts early between England and Wales … in Tenerife…

2 Likes

See this is why everyone needs guns like USA#1. One person starts shooting, everyone runs, fight over. This pissed lads shit drags on for hours.

2 Likes

If you’re in a Wales v. England brawl, how can you even tell who’s who? They all sound the same to me.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC

2 Likes

Wales still not a real country.

2 Likes

:vince3:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1596266093680549888?s=61&t=v9DwLOz3EGROQfUvh77izQ

Maybe one of the folks who is into cars can help me out with this. Have you ever seen a rich person drive a Rolls Royce? I’ve seen rich people in them on occasion, but ever single time they have a driver. Is my sample bad, or is driving one’s own Rolls Royce something people actually do?

I’m more interested in the general questions. I’m sure the Saudi’s will just provide some migrant worker to do that.

Mexico losing 2-0

I like it.

1 Like

I went back to 22 just to drink some cruzin tears. They were there, but it wasn’t the same. His expectations seem to be a bit more reasonable these days.

2 Likes

Couple of questions on France for the more knowledgeable football fans.

One thing as I was pondering during the France game is that Mbappe obviously looks great, but to me he seemed even more dominant in '18. Am I just imagining that. He just seemed so much faster than everyone else. He still is but it seems like the difference isn’t as great.

What happened to Umtiti? Looks like France could use a good center back and that guy was money last WC. Did he get too old or something?

Umtiti had a really rough go with injury and form since 2018.

Mbappe is still the fastest player on the planet ainec.

He’s lacking the service he had in 2018. No more prime Pogba, Kante and Benzema. Although Grizemann seems to have a nice rhythm with him.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks. Never saw that Mbappe play before. That was insane.

Just a couple days ago I passed by a parked massive wagon-shaped RR in Kyoto, with a young bespectacled, casually dressed Asian guy who appeared to certainly be the owner leaning against the car and then later sitting in the front seat.

France played conservatively in 2018 and as jwax said, with their injuries they will play even more conservatively this time.

They won’t attack in large numbers, so it’s on Mbappe to make good decisions/timing and or beat 2 or 3 guys. Even for Neymar, Mbappe, Messi etc it’s hard going 1v2 or 3 repeatedly. The best teams on earth attack by overloading spots snd getting 2 attackers vs 1 defender. These games you’re largely seeing the plan be to hope for magic.

France has very good CBs, but not ones with huge experience. Kounde and Saliba are highly rated, but young. Varane is amazing, but old and injury prone. Upemecano has had a rough time since moving to Bayern, but is much more experienced.

This last year you’d think Saliba stole the VVD powers straight out of Space Jam with how good Saliba has been and VVD going from “best cb on earth by a mile” to “this Liverpool team is super fragile.”

And fwiw there are ~`10 players who have reached a higher speed than mbappe last 2 years in the CL. Davies, Traore and Hakimi clocked as top 3 fastest.

1 Like

I didnt want to care about this farce of an event but can Costa Rica pls hold. Would give GER few more outs for 2 remaining games.