World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

jonathan david golden boot winner at +30000 sure why not.

3 Likes

Lol someone listened to the athletic pod

i havent, im just very bullish on canada. looking for value on top goal scorer a lot of the time is just nailing the striker on a dark horse team that makes a run.

I think I saw David as top scorer for Canada at 3/1 or so

The Netflix documentary is insane.

Jack Warner is an all-time piece of shit.

2 Likes

In-stadium beer sales banned but the exclusive sponsorship rights for in-stadium beer sales belonged to Budweiser

larry

1 Like

Oddly enough, Brazil banned alcohol sales during soccer matches prior to them hosting the WC. FIFA pressured them into allowing it for the WC though.

With Qatar, they allow sales before games and after the games but not during.

I don’t think it’s that odd, if you’ve ever experienced or read about soccer fanatic violence.

What’s odd is forcing Brazil to sell beer at games but then compromising with Qatar on the same matter 8 years later.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a lot of compromising in Qatar, it’s more like FIFA officials give Qatar what they want in exchange for a large bag of money. That’s a transaction, not a compromise.

4 Likes

Plus, I’m sure that Brazil would like to host another World Cup someday, whereas Qatar already got what they want.

Wat

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1593879961706049536?s=46&t=8LLp8xVKt21Zufx15iO-jg

2 Likes

The before and after beer sales just got canceled.

Are we sure? Cause this guy seems drunk.

For the record, FIFA Uncovered was pretty mind-blowing. The level of corruption was the sort of shit you see from a villain in a Hollywood movie. Even the raid in 2015 seemed to be cinematic.

I knew about most of the stuff from 2014 onward but everything before that was equally awful. Just a horribly run, horribly corrupt organization from top to bottom. and I doubt anything has changed with the new guy in.

Luxury suites still get champagne.

1 Like

So, if you’re English, which game do you want to win more: US or Wales. I’m assuming US but I’m not sure how strong these intra-UK rivalries are.

You want a draw.