World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

no awfulizing

It won’t be a disaster because the crap will be memory holed the second they start playing games. I barely care now.

1 Like

Keller really got a late jump on that one

1 Like

Best shot is one of the last ones

1 Like

I am setting up a skill-free World Cup group stage gamble. CRAPTO ONLY (If someone else wants to deal with the money I can add another pool for $ easily)

Every entry will receive a random team from each group. Teams will be placed into pots by their betting lines to win the group and each entry will get two favorites and two teams expected to get (each of) 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I think I got the script right so no two entries will have more than two teams in common with any other.

Most total points in the group stage from your entry’s eight teams wins.

Two pools, .1 eth and .5 eth. Join either/both as many times as you want. Probably winner take all up to 8 entries then 66/33 or 60/30/10 if there are a lot.

I’ll rand the teams before the first game. Should look something like this

PM me if you want in.

1 Like

Canada outplayed and beat a Japan team today that last month just stomped the USA. Didn’t have Davies either.

Canada one of my dark horses to surprise people and go deep. some real peak athletico madrid vibes theres which is great for knockout competitions.

Japan/Denmark my other dark horses.

Think brasil ends up winning it though as they are so insanely deep.

(this is ducksauce btw ao)

1 Like

Today was good because Canada went behind yet still dominated and won. They’ve had trouble doing that overall.

I think Belgium will give Canada a lot more respect than you’d think and will keep 5 at the back in possession so they dont get killed in transition. KDB is so good you don’t need to attack with 5-7 guys tbf.

brilliant, but I like knucklers or reverse-spinners most :vince1:

1 Like

welcome, ducky

buchanon? and that fb of theirs. stoked for Canada

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1593564637919952896

Of course it’s not banned for everyone though. From the NYT article I read this morning:

The ban on alcohol consumption seemed to apply only to fans attending games. Beer and other drinks, including an official FIFA Champagne and an array of sommelier-selected wines, will still be available in stadium luxury suites reserved for FIFA officials and other wealthy guests.

1 Like

Same as it ever was

Lol 2 days before it starts. 0% that this wasn’t the plan the entire time.

8 Likes

Do we need a thread for “controversies about Qatar” and “game shit”?

Anyways, a narrative I want to push is that euro teams will struggle in the heat. Why? Because it’d be funny if it happens and I want to manifest it into reality

3 Likes

I think that’s overwhelmingly likely to be the case. Plus Euros are more likely to play in super competitive leagues and be fatigued going in, although that’s a guess on my part.

I’m thinking about taking the whole desert quintet (Qatar, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Morocco) to win their groups. Just need to bink one of them for a nice payout.

2 Likes

I like having just one thread - I don’t think you can separate the two, just like how you can’t watch or go to the games without acknowledging the Qatari regime.

Also think the teams with less euro based players will over perform. Though it’s not necessarily any hotter than Brazil.

4 Likes

Iran is very live imo. I don’t think the USA or England are going to be good at breaking down a low block

Well, you won’t see high intensity pressing like in the PL.

I think you’ll just see a ton of very slow second halves where teams see out 1-0s