World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

This is something that needs to be addressed, but the fix maybe is just this WC where we get 8+ minutes of injury time.

Love Ramsdale but he’s maybe the worst in the Pl for this.

People seem to say VAR is good in Rugby/Cricket. Don’t watch those beyond the rugby world cup so can’t comment.

But video review is bad in NBA, has had tons of issues in NHL/NBA as well.

Right. The fix for timewasting isn’t to bring in a process that wastes even more time, it’s to rethink how you time the game.

In terms of “fixing the game” most people here don’t seem to realize the international game is a tiny part of soccer/football.

Basketball and Hockey have different international rules and no one cares.

The EPL and CL are a better product for quality than the World Cup. This is mostly a factor of less experienced refs, worse coaching and worse talent.

Getting rid of away goals last year was an example of a good rule change that really helped the games imo.

1 Like

Trying to further shed the “only roots for Arsenal thing” I randomly got called and will say I’m predicting this is the Harry Kane game.

Either scores or sets up a couple and is MOTM.

I only pay a passing interest in CL cos duh Leeds aren’t in it but I’m surprised this has been a plus. I can see how it stops some negative play but can’t see it having a huge influence. But as I say I don’t go out of my way to watch so I’ll take your word.

gl all

1 Like

Basically just added more possibility of extra time rather than a team “unjustly” going out.

I was on the fence about the game theory of taking it out coming into the year, but it worked this past season.

1 Like

I like this doubletime version of the US national anthem.

I’m gonna guess this is actually the original meter and American singers just ham it up.

1 Like

Have my 04 Euros England Rooney shirt on, such a nice kit.

put a bet on england

Our anthem is so bad

wow ok saddam

6 Likes

The United States is a shit country with a shit culture. All things being equal, I’d much rather be a citizen of the UK.

That being said, for the next 2-3 hours, get absolutely fucked England.

8 Likes

I’ve played a lot of indoor soccer, so I’m aware of the differences between that and futsal. I just meant that we have a soccer that is played indoors that is played internationally at a very competitive level.

I didn’t know about MISL. I think it would be cool if something like that came back. Not sure I’d watch, mainly because I already watch too many sports and don’t have time to add another.

1 Like

At least we don’t have to have an anthem where we show our loyalty to the king

1 Like

Who is doing the halftime show?

1 Like

If you like England, them to win to nil, them plus under 3.5 are things that get it to over 2/1

C’mon Ennnnngarrrrrrlandddddddd.

1 Like

UK culture is much worse than US, you wot m8