World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

True that one is kind of a tie.

Or Great British Baking Show

it’s more that it’s rarely ever called. and most people can think of situations that were far more egregious than that one that happened to their own team.

Nah come on he’s less than 3 feet directly in front of the keeper. Those get called almost always

keeper was already moving to the where the shot was going… he wasn’t screened AT ALL on the initial shot. he was never getting to the deflection whether he was screened from the deflection or not. it is silly. he was already mid dive in the opposite direction.

Yeah, that’s crazy that the guy gets called for that on a play where he doesn’t contact the ball and the keeper has no shot.

Oh I agree he didn’t really impede the keeper in any way but I’m struggling to think of a time its not been given in similar circumstances (the offside that is to avoid confusion)

Agree

1 Like

Super obv offside earlier.

If you think that doesn’t affect the gk you don’t know ball as the kids say

1 Like

Oof, just about 2 inches too high

1 Like

One of the biggest myths about soccer is that it is some super fluid game. The clock running doesn’t make the game fluid. There are routinely 30s-60s breaks for goal kicks, even more for free kicks, penalties and etc.

The issues with VAR are:

1. Not understanding that offside measurement they’re using is too tight
  2. Bad ambiguous rules on fouls and handballs with severe punishments like PKs that you litigate with a tight video review.
1 Like

Nothing more fluid than stopping for a few minutes to carry a guy off on a stretcher

1 Like

Every single thing about the rolling clock is hilariously stupid and constantly abused, but it also stops in-game commercials so it’s good overall lol.

1 Like

meh… fine

I WILL ALLOW THIS AS A GIO STAN ONLY BECAUSE IRAN IS MORE IMPORTANT

Time to watch my four years of soccer.

1 Like

Getting pumped for the us getting shown how it’s done by a real soccering nation

1 Like

Did you miss the match against Wales?

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly why there’s a big diff b/t losing by 1 and losing by 3+, second scenario we have to fade a 1-0 wales win against an England team that essentially already clinched first place and has nothing to play for