World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Well now they just never lose from the 3 times a game they dive in the box and the refs inevitably call a foul on one of them. (ie Ronaldo) While often ignoring obvious PKs by the team without stars. (ie Qatar)

The reason for the title of this thread is that Americans are “objective” as nonfans who watch once every 4 years and can instantly realize within 2 games how absurd and unfair the PK rule is.

Shoot the sad Qatar crowd shots right into my cornea

1 Like

Yes that’s the reason

3 Likes

Strongly disagree about the England game not mattering. Iran is a team that is absolutely sensitive to game script. If we win against England they will have to beat us and will have to come out of their shell to chase a goal, which takes them out of their comfort zone and likely easier to play against

I don’t think anybody is saying a win wouldn’t be huge. I think they are saying that the far more likely outcomes of draw and lose are pretty much indifferent now.

2 Likes

Yeah this. Tie/lose today = need to beat Iran no matter what. Big loss today is the only real disaster

This definitely seems like a situation where analyzing things mathematically just ruins everything. Americans should just eat a massive turkey leftover sandwich and cheer for a win against the Limey Bastards.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/milhistnow/status/1596114224945795074?s=46&t=gYB78yAx9sKbGxkBWXXUOV0Pe_gPdQaZ2n1568ZGuVc

3 Likes

I agree with twitter, loser of this match should have to keep James Cordon.

4 Likes

Come on England, let’s fucking GO!!!

I mean wales is still 7/1 to win against an England that already clinched first place so 10-0 is not entirely meaningless.

England hateability has absolutely skyrocketed with Brexit, Boris, Prince Andrew and their current king having an involuntary seizure upon interacting with other humans.

Plus the whole invading everyone’s country stealing all their resources and killing half their population thing.

2 Likes

England haven’t clinched anything yet. If we beat the US we will, barring some weird results in the last matches, be top.

Goooal!

1 Like

We defo not be able to afford him now

Or Piers Morgan

2 Likes

These things don’t really affect game play, apart from 3pts and number of subs which most agree have improved it.

VAR? Everyone has their own opinion because it’s early days yet but a fluid game like football suffers horribly from the stoppages and maybe a fully automated system using RFID for offsides should eventually come in. Don’t have a solution for handball and fouls.

Yeah but be fair now - we were doing that for centuries.

1 Like

Get ready for the deluge of ‘WTF is this interfering with play BS’