World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

I’ve liked him ever since he was at Watford. Wanted arsenal to sign him but ~4 years ago or whatever £40m was quite pricey.

But yeah he’s the kind of player the other team/fans hate.

American fans: hopeful for tomorrow at all?

I think with a good coach you could get something. Put in a pressing system, funnel everything to Maguire and Pickford and you could create turnovers and chances. But I just dont think you’ll do that.

USA / spurs fan

Even though richard is on spurs. Still hate him. He has that 76 IQ looking face like Kyle walker.

USA should be ok tomorrow. England is good but I don’t think they are Brazil level elite

Just hope we can bink a goal and get a 1-1 result.

Nope. If we lose by only one that’s a win as far as I’m concerned.

Going to dumb when Iran beat wales and we tie the brits only to lose to Iran next week.

1 Like

:vince:

They should just make soccer an indoor sport. Decades ago there was an American indoor soccer league. Was just a wee lad but remember going to many games and they were action packed with plenty of scoring.

We’ve already got that: futsal. There is even a Fifa World Cup of futsal.

For me, this is a red

1 Like

Damn, that’s quite a bad goal for the USA.

1 Like

The Square Ball mentioned a couple of times has a podcast which I highly recommend. If you aren’t a Leeds fan the propaganda sections are some of the funniest shit regardless of your loyalties.

If USA beats Iran they are in and otherwise they have to beat England, so a draw is as bad as a loss here? (Assuming Wales doesn’t beat England)

Yah, a draw and loss by 10 vs. England are basically the same thing now.

A win has the added benefit of allowing a draw vs. Iran to advance.

Looks like it will come down to win and in vs. Iran, draw or lose vs. Iran and Iran’s in.

I think most USA fans would’ve snap taken that scenario coming in, but a Wales v. Iran scoreless draw probably would’ve allowed the USA to advance with just 2 pts. lol

If I remember correctly, the field of the American indoor league was quite a bit larger than a futsal court (played in the same arena as the pro basketball team), with walls in play.

It was this league.

This article outlines the differences from futsal:

Is it time to start hammering the 1h under? Seems like every game is 0-0 at half. Or just variance?

Dude Qatar had to pay people to attend the games lol

They used the kafala system to hire fans

1 Like

I’m not sure what difference that makes, the point is that the number of attendees at a World Cup (whether they’re paid to attend or not) far exceeds the capacity they had to host an event like this.

1 Like

Hopefully, Elon will get involved in the bidding process and we can have World Cup 2030 on the moon.

2 Likes

Can’t believe Iran beat Wales. I mean tonight’s game barely matters now. Not like Wales is gonna beat England.

Maybe the US will actually play Reyna against Iran.

Sucks that Qatar got an automatic top seed. Would’ve been fun to watch them lose a match 8-0.

they still have to play the Dutch