World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

You didn’t say that. And Valverde still isn’t Brazilian.

VAR? I guess one can say it’s not a rule per se, but it’s definitely a change in how the game is called. And the tech to do it existed long before it actually happened.

I also seem to remember something about slide tackling several world cups ago, but I’m not sure if that was an actual change in the rule or just a change in enforcement.

If you’re literally going to lie to everyone here, what is your opinion worth?

“Generous bet I ran away from.”

This would be great too. Although, I think it would just lead to more PK practice. Surely any world class footballer is at least a coinflip and they could improve if they trained at it more.

Some defenders are really good at them.

Maguire absolutely had a 10/10 pen in the Euros final.

Nowhere there is you offering a counter. Nowhere.

Tell me more about 38 year old Thiago Silva keeping his starting spot in a combined side and what country Federico Valverde plays for.

SHATS

Why are you lying dude?

You said you offered me a generous offer when you opened with an absolute scam, 6.5 points off of betting lines. I then pointed this out and you said nothing in reply because you didn’t want an “even bet.” You wanted a scam.

If we’re supposed to be somewhat friendly on this board, that’s genuinely gross imo.

I dont mind friendly bets or wagers, but offering that shit is gross and you only did it to scam and swindle.

What do you think was generous about this act?

Konate and Upemecano have been bad this year. I haven’t seen enough Barca to comment on Kounde. Varane, Kimpembe and Saliba have been the best French CB but Thiago Silva has been really good! Probably the best player for Chelsea this season.

Yea, I make most of my money trying scam people in low stakes sports bets I offer off the cuff without knowing lines. You got me.

I’m still confused what was generous about this offer, or why I’m being insulted for “running away” from someone offering a bet 7 points worse than the open market.

omg let it go

Might be Qatar has zero usable stadiums when they bid.

2 Likes

Not just stadiums, it’s a country with a population under 3 million and FIFA was planning to sell 3 million tickets for the event. Even with people attending multiple games, that is still way more visitors than the infrastructure of Qatar was able to handle. They had to build a whole extra city with their oil money.

Jon Oliver’s last episode was on this. Fifa own internal reports said the city was unsuitable for holding the tournament from an infrastructure point of view.

Are you sure you don’t mean 2012 Euros? I thought that team was stronger than the 08 team. Absolutely demolished Italy in the final.

I could be remembering wrong but I thought they were pretty defensive until the final then as you say, just crushed Italy.

They used a false 9 for most of 2012 I think. 08 was mostly Torres, 10 Villa, 12 silva/fabregas false 9 afair

Maybe I’m the one misremembering. I mostly just remember the finals. In 08 Torres scored a really opportunistic goal and they held off the Germans 1-0. Also I think they went to penalties against Italy. The other thing I remember is Marcos Senna playing a lot and pretty well, but probably not quiet as good as peak Busquets.

This aged well lol

2 Likes

It’s OK, I’m getting accused of just being an Arsenal homer when I said Richarlison golden boot was my favorite long shot bet and Kulusevski was one of the best RW in world football.

Last time I ever praise Spurs players!

No worries. Im a spurs player and I hated the signing. Even though he keeps scoring. I hate his stupid face.