World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Damn straight

Gah, donā€™t know who to root for tomorrow - The OG imperialists or the new flava imperialists. Probably will root for USA because I fucking hate the ā€˜itā€™s coming homeā€™ meme but itā€™s gonna be weird.

1 Like

I dont agree. Pogba is washed, Kante is getting there, Upemecano is bad and Giroud isnā€™t Gabi Jesus. Lloris is well behind Allison.

I donā€™t know about France but I agree on Spain. People are forgetting how good Xavi and Iniesta were, they dominated world football for several years there. And peak David Villa was a beast as well.

In a combined France/Brazil side Iā€™m only putting Mbappe in.

Thatā€™s how good this Brazil team is. For the French bench, only Varane, Camavinga and Saliba are getting in the Brazil squad.

Dembele could maybe get there if he could ever play 5 games in a row, but he canā€™t so who knows how good he is.

You could maybe do Hernandez as well, but its the weakest position for both teams.

1 Like

They won but didnā€™t play that well in 2010 though. Lost their first match. Only scored 8 goals in total. Just a lot of boring 1-0 wins with 70% possession. Great individual talent but played in second gear largely. 08 Euros they actually let the car on the highway.

1 Like

Lol who cares about Giroud. Benzema and Mbappe are better than anyone in the Brazilian attack. Thiago Silva is older than me and Varane / Kimpembe / Konate are all way better than Dayot. Thatā€™s the thing about France. They have unlimited depth. Brazil is the favorite for a reason, but to say theyā€™re the best side in 20 years is just crazy.

ETA and Kounde!

This is fucking delusional lol

Like letā€™s just handwave the Ballon Dā€™or winner + 100M forward Nkunku + best b2b mid on the planet all missing due to injury.

None of them play for Arsenal so they canā€™t be very good

2 Likes

That is the correct take.

Nkunku is good! But heā€™s up and down and has the ā€œBundesliga attack built around himā€ thing that Werner and Havertz both have. Could he do it in the PL/La Liga? Sure, maybe. But more talented guys like Felix, Havertz etc have failed recently.

Kante isnā€™t the best box to box midfielder in 2022. He was there in 2018. Heā€™s behind like 10 guys now even when fit, which has been a rarity for two years. Heā€™s been worse than Busquets this year for health/performances. He was good vs Spurs and thatā€™s it. Thatā€™s like, it for the whole calendar year.

This is all just kind of ā€œthese guys were good in 2018ā€ kind of takes, which is where that weird ā€œMahrez is one of the best RWā€ takes was as well, despite him playing 300 minutes this year, 1400 minutes last year and not getting to 2000 the two years prior to that.

If the France squad is so much better, a week ago when Nkunku and Benzema were hurt, why were they 8.5 and Brazil 4.25? Kante being out doesnā€™t swing a line more than prime Messi and Ronaldo combined.

Letā€™s talk about Saliba, gabby and Jesus though. Your homerism is actually embarrassing.

Up and down Nkunku casually leading the Bundesliga in goals.

Only 4th in goals and 2nd in assists last year. Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t get to watch European competition to see Arsenal play other league teams. Maybe next year!

How many RBL games have you watched this year? Iā€™ll even take last season.

We are only like 4 days removed from you talking about a match I watched and you didnt, it was funny that time.

Iā€™m going to guess you havenā€™t seen a minute of Nkunku this year.

A lot more than you, clearly. How many UCL games have you watched Arsenal play the last 7 years?

Probably the ~14 matches theyā€™ve played over that time?

Really weird time to troll Arsenal when they have the best expected goal difference of anyone in Europe and are favored to win the Europa League and barely slight dogs to win the PL.

I watch a ton of RBL, Napoli, Atalanta, Dortmund and the other ā€œfunā€ teams around Europe. This gets said every weekend in the football threads.

Nkunku was behind Coman, Giroud and Griezmann on the French depth chart BTW. Maybe even behind Diaby. He was getting few, if any minutes.

Arsenal hasnā€™t been in the UCL in 7 years. You have no idea what youā€™re taking about re: other leagues and most of your takes are delusional homer shit. Mbappe only French player in the Brazil squad? Benzema just won BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD last month. Nkunku is better than any attacking mid on their side. French CBs are miles better as a unit (did you forget Benz embarrassing Marquinhos a few short months ago)? Kante has been hurt, but heā€™s one year off winning the UCL as the dominant anchor in that midfield trio. Whoā€™s the great Brazilian CM? 30 year old Casemiro? Give me a fucking break.

Benzema isnā€™t in the French squad because heā€™s hurt. Thus, I did not include him.

Seemed like common sense to me.

Nkunku isnā€™t an attacking mid, he largely plays as a 9 for RBL. Sometimes a 9.5 with Werner back.