World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Brazil, with their second string of attackers I’d still put as favorites in this tourney.

Yah, there are maybe 3 countries that wouldn’t trade their attack for Antony-Jesus-Rodrygo

I think a better analogy would be the defense committing PI in the same spot and the offense being awarded 7 points plus an immediate first and goal at the 1. A goal in soccer has to be worth at least 2 touchdowns in football.

serbia is blatantly not trying to score just praying for 0 0

Martinelli and Bruno G have arguably been the best LW and second best AM (maybe third behind kdb, Odegaard) in the PL this year.

1 Like

They should play the game and then have a panel of judges decide of the result was fair, kind of like figure skating.

The Serbian strikers are very good but they both have no pace which is trouble for today.

It’s not though? If all fouls in the box become yellows then they start to accumulate rapidly if the increase in fouling is anywhere close to what you’re predicting, and then 10% on a direct kick from inside the box sounds about right. Some massaging of the free kick rules could maybe drive it up a few points, but actually it sounds quite generous given that players are most likely to dive away the worst positions inside the box, not the actual legit scoring chances.

You might be right but I was just trying to napkin calculate it quickly from looking at Bovada lines. My number was a lower bound and I think it’s at least that extreme but probably more. Just from a context-free game design perspective it’s completely indefensible.

It should be noted here that the best chances to score in soccer are cutbacks.

Good teams work their offense around getting a player to the byline and cutting it back to the penalty spot for a shot.

Fouling the player cutting it back creates a like 1% chance.

Vlahovic on the bench ruing his transfer decision. Pushed aside for the Fulham CF who is 50% decent but 50% aggro donkey on a heater.

Riverman is right. Soccer has had tons of dumb rules throughout the years. This is the last awful one I can think of. Can’t think of any other sport that has a similar rule

And although I’m happy Arsenal got Jesus instead I still would have loved Raphinha even if he can’t score if his life depended on it

1 Like

think you quoted the wrong post… or your post doesn’t make any sense

Can’t believe they went with the lumbering Spurs player instead of someone who can dribble around these bulky defenders.

Double change of Marti/Jesus could win this if its still stalemated 70mins or so.

Missed the frist half (bed time duites for the 6yr old) - are Brazil still looking like favourites in the world cup of the beautiful game?

If I’m Brazil, I just tell my front 4 to press like crazy for 45 minutes, then do a line change and bring on the 2nd line of equally talented attackers and do the same in the 2nd half.

Even Belgium crumbled under that type of pressure from Canada for 50 minutes. Now imagine Brazil doing it for 90 with all world-class, fresh players.

They look good but the big Serbian back like defending pretty well.

Poor shooting from Brazil.

1 Like

Martinelli, Jesus and Raphinha are maybe the 3 best pressing forwards in world football as well.

And Serbia is already starting to fall apart and they weren’t even under all that much pressure. Imagine if Brazil had the Canada press on the whole match. The line change method probably leads to a Brazil win like 95%+.