World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

CLEAR and OBVIOUS

The Ecuador-Qatar one was even more confusing. The broadcast didn’t even know which player they were looking at exactly.

Croatia -.25 seems like a gift. What am I missing?

Offsides isn’t a

Clear and obvious

Call

This isn’t the NFL where it’s subjective whether a dude caught the ball or the ball was being bobbled

You are either on side. Or offsides. Argentina was offsides every time they scored

And you can see when they stopped straying two yards off sides in the second half and actually stayed onsides. They didn’t get the separation on goal.

There’s subjectivity to which frame you use to determine when the ball is being “passed”, there are several possible.

There’s subjectivity to which part of the arm is considered legal. Is it the top of the shoulder, point of the shoulder, lower on the arm? The thumbnail of that YT video makes it seem like you could conceivably say he’s onside b/c the top of the shoulder is even with the toe of the defender.

Also from the photo with the kewl lines, it looks like the LB is behind the player they’re measuring, which could change the call.

Morocco is more athletic, Croatia has no consistent source of goals

Fucking love the thread title. Have cracked up several times reading it

5 Likes

Modric should have gotten a yellow for the foul in front of goal

I would add a shot clock for each team that resets every time the opposing goalie touches the ball in a way that would be a foul for anyone else (or a goal is scored). If you can’t force their goalie to use their hands in [x] minutes, they get a PK.

1 Like

Someone from the UK dressed as a crusader while visiting the Middle East and criticizing it is chef’s kiss. Bonus points for complaining about the price of a room in pounds while not recognizing that the prices are likely so high in pounds because your currency is weak due to Brexit.

1 Like

Thread title is A++

2 Likes

Denmark threaten to quit FIFA

Big parlay today is:

Japan double chance
Canada/Belgium both teams to score
Spain to win to Nil
Canada double chance

15/1 or so

1 Like

Wow! Had this as my third most likely major upset, with Senegal over the Dutch top and Canada third.

well that’s fucked my group winner parlays but i’m ok with it, lol Germany

Japan!!!

Seems like the Asia WCs always have a ton of upsets

I have a stupid question.

Why are there so many substitutions? I thought that teams were only allowed three?

They are now allowed 5, I believe.

5 has been the norm since Covid.

The PL was the least league to adopt going to 5, with there being 5 allowed at last Euros as well.

Squad sizes for both domestic and international games are larger as well.

pl teams have 20 in a match day squad from 18, these WC squads were 26 from 23 I believe

1 Like