World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

He doesn’t have enough grit.

Fixed

Screenshot from 2022-11-22 10-28-33

So what’s going on here? His left forearm is offside by several centimeters?

Anyways, I get to watch this game, lettuce lol mexico. Still miss the 11am PT game to go to another soul sucking shift.

Forearm can be offside, I guess they judged that his shoulder was offside? Not sure how, but apparently they did.

It’s his shoulder. The rule is any part of the body which can be used legally to score.

Should just be feet in my opinion but I get it

1 Like

As someone who can’t skate, I don’t see the dives.

3 Likes

Would make the end of games awful and have no bearing, a team holding on for 0-0 or 1-0 doesnt mind going down a man.

If anything the current problem in soccer is the opposite. Professional fouls arent punished hard enough. The best team in the world, manchester city abuses them at length. Because they have ~70-75% possession, they just drag guys down the few times a game they give up possession.

1 Like

Yeah I’m all for letting players lean and let their shoulders/head be off by a few cm

I will die on this hill. Guillermo Ochoa fucking blows, and has always blown. His entire legend comes from a lucky run in a WC where balls kept hitting him in the chest after he made inexplicable bad decisions on coming out or his positioning. There’s a reason why he never broke into a major club team outside of Mexico or Belgium.

1 Like

Also, Clint Dempsey is a national treasure.

3 Likes

Argentina was 1.03 to win at HT

1.14 to win to nil

Winning by 3+ was lower odds than the draw

This stadium is made of shipping containers?!?!

Feels like he has been their keeper for as long as I’ve been alive.

The fact that it isn’t just feet is an exhibition in terrible rule writing.

I see we’re in full swing of the “Americans who only watch soccer every four years have some thoughts about how to fix the game” phase. And along those lines, I have some thoughts… ok maybe later.

8 Likes

I mean I watch soccer a fuck ton and I’m right

2 Likes

Seriously. Are goalies allowed to use canes?

1 Like

Cold take given that there’s way more complaining about terrible rules in American sports. It’s more accurate to say that it’s time for people who watch a lot of sports and hate stupid rules to correctly point out how ridiculous flopkick is. And when this corrupt circus of an event is over, we’ll go back to laughing at surviving the ground and catcher framing. Every major sport is controlled by people you wouldn’t trust to bag your groceries and flopkick is no different.

3 Likes