World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Is there literally any major sports organization that isn’t terrible?

Obviously the IOC and FIFA are cartoonishly terrible, but it’s not like the other organizations I can think of are anything close to good.

No.

ERA PENAL

1 Like

LOLZ

Legend of Ochoa!

2 Likes

RIP

1 Like

The Chicago derby is finally starting to deliver.

2 Likes

I mean, I laughed, but that’s exactly the shit I’m talking about. Congrats Ochoa, you guessed the right way on a penalty. You still fucking blow.

1 Like

Also, I’m satisfied. A win for Saudi Arabia and a draw in this game is a shit result today for Mexico.

It’s bad in that a win here would’ve practically punched their ticket, but I still think they’re in a good spot.

Poland is playing super negative and will just try for a cautious 1-0 win vs. the Saudis. So Mexico can go into that last match knowing exactly how many goals they’ll need against the Saudis (in case it comes down to GD vs. Poland), and Argentina will still be playing for it all vs. Poland and will be going all out.

Mexico is mediocre anyway and pretty lucky to have such a weak group. Poland’s looking like the worst UEFA team by far.

Mexico has struggled to score all qualification and been a huge issue for them. They’re not dead obviously, but they’re going to struggle to bury Saudi Arabia 5-0 or something as long as SA doesn’t utterly fall apart.

Yah, I mean they’ll still need a good result at some point (like drawing/beating Argentina maybe), but if they lose like 1-0 to Arg and Poland plays passively against SA (seems likely) and only wins 1-0, then that’s a pretty damn good spot for Mexico going into the final match.

Not sure how I’d react to this bullshit in person, but holy shit do I hate these countries.

Also something to note:

The 2 desert teams that played at night lost (Qatar and Iran), and the 2 that played during the day (Saudis and Tunisia) got an unexpected result. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if a day game is a big advantage for them, but it’s definitely possible. Poland will have to play SA early, whereas Mexico gets them late at night. Could be a factor.

Highs are mid 80s can’t imagine it really matters that much.

GK for Argentina is so bad

If the Denmark goalie played for Argentina they win 1-0

Also. Lol all the penalties.

Think the only actually penalty was the USA murder tackle from behind.

Half his body is offsides. It’s not even a close call

Real life Scott sterling last WC

so many face saves.

That PK save today was legit.

2 Likes

haha fantastic