World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

I do like the emotional free roll aspect of this, kind of like how my wife watches real sports. If they win awesome hahahahah lol world we dont even care about this stupid corrupt sport full of cheating and bribing and flopping and we still beat you but if we lose lol who cares seriously see reasons above.

5 Likes

oh yeah rooting for Argentina bigly this tournament. Also Mexico. GO GO GO!

Whales gets Ahab

1 Like

Preaching to the choir my friend.

1 Like

For people that donā€™t follow the USMNT, our coach is a clown from the MLS and subbed on MLS players over the best player on the roster. Not hyperbole.

Also the spirit of international soccer seems to be antithetical to American sporting ethics. That guy Pulisic was faking injury on the ground in the last couple of minutes while Wales was attacking, trying to game the refs into stopping the game. If that happened in a real American sport the guy rolling around on the ground in fake agony would be called a quitter and a disgrace. Here itā€™s just, well, thatā€™s soccer.

I agree your sports have a good way of dealing with shit like that (and itā€™s inherent in the stop start nature of your national sports) but it ainā€™t because you are playing at some nobler level.

1 Like

Senegal was supposed to be the team from Africa but they got beat today.

I guarantee you Reyna had a knock

Senegal was solid and missing their best player.

Yeah, ā€œethicsā€ might not be quite the right word. But thereā€™s an expectation of toughness, doing whatever it takes, and having a never give up attitude. And if players donā€™t exhibit those qualities then even if thereā€™s not an official sanction thereā€™ll be criticism from announcers and fans.

The enlightened centrist of soccer fans position I see

1 Like

Normally Iā€™d say itā€™s 100% certain, but in this case, 80%, b/c Gregg is dumb enough to not play a fit Reyna.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe heā€™s dumb enough to put in Morris over Reyna, youā€™d have to have major brain damage for that. Heā€™s not the greatest coach, but his lineup tonight was extremely pragmatic, no Ferreira, Long, etc.

His other decisions made some sense, Dest out because of the yellow, Acosta in to kill the game, Aaronson in to inject energy and press. I wouldā€™ve put in Scally over Yedlin though, but I wasnā€™t outraged. Haji in to add energy in was fine as well. The Morris sub was bizarre though, so have to think something funky was going on there.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree. Itā€™s baked in because everything stops every 30 seconds and nothing to do with any shame or whatnot imho :slight_smile:

1 Like

It wasnā€™t mostly this tbh. Until 15 years ago Canada and the USA had absolute shit youth coaching. Zero academies.

The explosion in actual talent in NA, with plenty of players on good Euro teams is bc its now ~15 years of coaching approaching a level you see in Europe where 20, 25 years ago it was just whichever dad wanted it most.

We also got a million times better at recruiting dual nats. Not sure we wouldā€™ve gotten a Dest or a Musah 10 years ago

No, not a single healthy complete team.

Japan plays like African teams tbh. Big, physical and mean. Very not what people would expect.

Canada is similar with better coaching.

If you want an underdog Iā€™d go with one of those or Morocco, Serbia or Uruguay.

1 Like

Almost 20 years ago when I was a teenager we had a kid on my team who was insane. Physically mature, insane technical ability. Could do full field rabonas on a dime. His sister was recording his games to send to euro teams.

Got into the Benfica academy then politics stopped him from being able to play, but these days he would just be in a CPL or MLS academy then off to Europe.

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong, you are defo going in the right direction. Just still a ways to go tho