World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Oh 100%, it takes generations to catch up to places that have been doing this for 50 years with more resources.

But it wasn’t that Canadian kids wanted to play hockey or Americans wanted to play baseball and basketball. The coaching in the American sports was good and advanced. The coaching for soccer was in the stone ages.

I mean, you could argue Pulisic or McKennie are better than Reyna.

Has to be this. Just has to be.

Between Milinkovic Savic, Vlahovic and Mitrovic I’m excited to see Serbia. Three very big guys who might not cause Brazil trouble but every other team in the world will get a few bruises knocking with them.

Savic is the best 28 year old I never get to watch because he plays for Lazio.

1 Like

These are great, but it doesn’t have to just be this. The utter fucking shellacking of Brazil by the Germans was some A+ joy.

2 Likes

Fyp.

Imagine if Yugoslavia still existed. Would have been a WC powerhouse the last decade.

1 Like

Awesome take

1 Like

maybe you’re right

3 Likes

France tho

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1594795201880821760

1 Like

:queen_amused:

Yes, we should all aspire to be this noble!

https://www.science.org/content/article/ninety-nine-percent-ailing-nfl-player-brains-show-hallmarks-neurodegenerative-disease

they are counting the bodies buried under them.

2 Likes

Japan has some serious shit housers on their squad.

FUCKING LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Berhalter said Reyna didn’t start in part because of pre-match muscle tightness but added the choice not to use the Borussia Dortmund player in the second half was tactical. “In the phase of the game we were at we went with Jordan [Morris] who we felt could give us something with speed and power,” he explained.

Reyna told reporters after the game that he was fit enough to participate, however, suggesting his health had nothing to do with his omission. “I’m 100 percent and I’m good to go,” Reyna said.

2 Likes

Alireza-Beiranvand

2 Likes

And that’s why I’ve been short on the USA. I still think you’ll advance but Berhalter was a donkey all qualification and there was no reason to believe anything would change.

The USA is fine, but not good enough to just not start one of your 3 best players, especially if you won’t bring them on late needing a goal.

You want him well rested for 2026.

8 Likes

Not bringing him on in like the 65th minute is absolutely criminal.

3 Likes

I choose to continue to live in the reality where GGG and Reyna are lying about fitness.