World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

yeah. need chelsea to spend 130mill on him in jan to play him as a wing back

From tinkerman to potter.

tbh, as a chelsea fan i think i want them to go after leao rather than felix if we can only pursue one.

Guy at poker table says he had o7.5

so many blowouts this round yuck go morocco

Had a decent bet on the under this game and arg with props vs saudis. Small on the draw here

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Zonal_Marking/status/1600232793073602560?t=6YUbG6YkQN9E3-9D-KTpYg&s=19

4 Likes

Nice, his replacement got the hat trick? Guess the fresh young legs were just what was needed!

Who are you rooting for?
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Croatia
  • England
  • France
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal

0 voters

Who are you rooting hardest against?
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Croatia
  • England
  • France
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal

0 voters

Three misclicks - no sensible person would prefer Brazil to lose more than any other team.

2 Likes

Purely monetary reasons.

The latest TIFO pod went into how vs SK Brazil adopted the arsenal/city setup of a 325 in possession.

Genuinely I donā€™t know how you tactically beat that. The only team to outplay arsenal this year was Leeds and they just destroyed arsenal energy wise (but still lost bc saka is rly good).

Itā€™s just brutally tough to tactically outplayed that setup, so youā€™re left with ā€œwell, hopefully raphinha still struggles to score and he gets most of their chancesā€ While your players are ruthlessly efficient on the other end like brentford/United were vs City and arsenal respectively.

They explain it better but teams largely defend with a back 4 in defense. So what Pep came up with and passed on to Arteta now Tite is you overload their 4 defenders with 5 attackers. Not only that, you donā€™t match them up, you put your attackers in the spaces between each defender, pulling them to places they donā€™t want to be.

So you have Vini and Raphinha super wide. If the defender comes over to them, there is 20 yards of space between them and the CB.

Then you have your creative players (neymar and paqueta) between the full backs and CB

Lastly Richarlison takes up the space between the central defenders.

All these players are very good to world class and where they start pulls defenders out of position, then they have world class movement and on ball ability after that.

Here is them analyzing that style of play:

2 Likes

My BILā€™s wife is Portuguese and her extended family is insufferable. Iā€™ll be very happy if theyā€™re unhappy.

1 Like

Thanks for jinxing the season.

So apparently you all love expat nazis. /jwax

Well, Jesus had knee surgery today so thats fucked.

Should still get top 4 but canā€™t lose your best player for 3 months and win a title

itā€™s been amazing everyday to wake up and get to watch the world cup at 10am and 2pm

1 Like

What PKs should be:

oh man Iā€™m surprised to hear a keeper say that, do you not like your teeth or current nose? Anyway Iā€™ve made a million posts on this topic so will leave it at: I do like NASL/MLS shootouts more than penalty spot lotteries, but I think that ultimately they are just a different kind of boring and I continue to wonder why we just donā€™t find the distances and angles where the spotkick conversion rate is roughly 50%, and then let the shooters choose among those spots. Mostly because then the keepers and shooters would feel about the same amount of pressure, and these shots would lead to more exciting goals and saves and more frequent humiliating fails. In short everyone gets exposed more, and it would also be a better showcase for how fucking amazing these athletes are and how beautiful the game can be, while also being just a little bit less of a variance jamboree

1 Like