World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Curious to see how I’ll lose another favorite to win to nil bet late

First/only time I ever heard of Milwall:

Very nice.

What odds are you even getting on these? Like Argentina to nil had to be fairly paltry for such a weird competition. EV is EV I guess.

Arg to be winning at HT and FT was 1.80, to nil was 1.75.
Arg to qualify was 1.10, to win was 1.18 I think.

France was 2.1 I believe and England 2.3

1 Like

Hampered by the manager and his devotion to Maguire

The French forwards will be licking their lips at the thought of him facing them.

That’s not even a bad matchup. It’s giroud in the middle, the last forward left who can’t beat Maguire for pace.

Walker is the last full back left who can handle the pace of Mbappe.

England 3.05
Draw 3.05
France 2.35

I like England tbh. Doesn’t mean they will win, France are good!

Is this World Cup on a more condensed schedule than previous tournaments? Feels like they’re really getting through it quickly

dont think so it probably just feels like it bc its in the middle of football season/thanksgiving this year and not in June when nothing important is going on

Last WC the group days were 3 games a day. This time was 4 games a day. That adds up.

Southgate’s conservatism will cost England I think.

A Rice/Henderson/Bellingham midfield is uninspiring.

3 less total days between 2018 and 2022 editions.

Yeah definitely this. I’ve had the same observation before realising there’s way less happening in June/july. More games yes but still feels crazy

With USA, Wales, and Germany out I wonder how many fans of those countries that went to Qatar will stay to cheer for England the rest of the way.

Thanks @eyebooger for keeping the title updated!

1 Like

Only the English and expats cheer for England. If fans stay they most likely cheer for Brazil or Argentina now as most Europeans are unlikely to cheer for other European countries. However most of them normally only have access to tickets of matches their country is in and are on their way home.

1 Like

Can we at least wait 24hrs after the games on weekdays to change thread title? I have no opportunity to watch during the day. I probably won’t even start watching until about this time tomorrow.

1 Like

That can’t be true, I have a strong inclination the Scots, Welsh, and Irish have such a strong gratitude toward the British empire that they will cheer for England in sports ahead of even their own country.

3 Likes

You’re just busier now with real life shit

I just turn my phone off at 10:15 EST