World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

LMAO Lew

That is such horseshit.

That is a silly way to go from winning $100 on this game to losing $20.

(Just 50 on France to win, 50 on France to nil)

Never been to Millwall but a couple Spurs games from the 80’s bring out the sweats.

I was 7 when I started supporting Leeds but come from a relative backwater of football in the UK (Gillingham were my nearest team). So away games I went to I was in with home support and was very good at surpresing my emotions during a game.

One I remember most was a friend, a spurs fan, got tickets for me and him. We are I guess 15/16. The walk to WHL from the underground is around a mile and about half there is this huge scrap on one side of the road. Essentially if you wanted to fight you went on that side if not the other. The Police were just standing around waiting to pick up the pieces afterward.

We get in the ground, game starts, first half dull and in the 2nd we score midway thru. My friend is all you jammy bastard in my face and I’m all yeah yeah can you just keep it down. He’s all yep, sorry, forgot. I can hear in whispered voices around me ‘I think he’s fucking Leeds, I’m sure he is’. This is standing, not family area and I’m kinda looking for escape routes lol.

Anyway voices quite down and Spurs equalize and again my friends in my face ‘Yeah we are fucking go on and win now etc, etc’.

Voices start up again, ‘He is fucking Leeds scum etc’. I’m actually quite scared now and I’m telling my mate you can’t do this shit or I’m leaving. Luckily the game ended that way with not much else happening. I made a quick exit but still surrounded by muffled “Leeds c***”.

Used to go to Selhearst Park when Wimbledon played there which was the best because it like a home game and one whole side was open to Leeds fans who didn’t get tickets thru the club.

Arsenal & Spurs a few times. Another good one was WHU in the late 90’s. A friend at work, fellow Leeds fan got tickets. We are in the home stands but in a relative sane part so my friend and I weren’t particularly hiding the fact we are Leeds. It’s half time and the Leeds away support would do this thing where they would take of their shirts, swing them around there heads chanting ‘We are champions, champions of Europe’. For the whole 15 mins.

This older West Ham fan next to me said ‘what are they singing?’ I told him and he looked really quizzical with a ‘WTF does that mean’ expression.

I explained it goes back to 75 and Bayern cheating us out of the European Cup. He rolled his eyes, shook his head and loled.

2 Likes

OMG imagine having bet on a shutout here

Bet it yesterday as well when Aussies score the fluke deflection.

Betting England to nil as well, so I deserve this one (to lose, ldo).

2 Likes

ouch, sorry man

but my lads are going to stun the world today, hold on to your butts

Usually I’d root for upsets, but I just want france/eng and arg/bra

1 Like

Group stage bets concluded:

Costa Rica to finish bottom
50 to win 70

Brazil to win group
50 to win 70

Argentina to win group
50 to win 70

Arg and Brazil both to win groups
50 to win 100

Losses:
Denmark to win group
15 to win 45

Belgium to finish bottom
10 to win 150

Futures still live:
Richarlison top scorer
10 to win 330

Messi top scorer
10 to win 110

i had a yankee at the group stage. Winners - Belgium, Uruguay, Germany & France. Lol me

-$55

I was thinking about this a little bit, but how much do we think France is missing Benzema. I think as long as Mbappe is doing Mbappe things, doesn’t matter much if its Giroud or Benzema up there. But at this level, I guess even thin edges can be significant.

Which two EPL teams playing each other is most likely to lead to drunken brawls between opposing supporters?

Havertz has clear quality, the rest are all a bit meh in some way.

Chelsea West Ham

but the games are usually timed to avoid this.

Tttenham have the most ridiulous fans.

I was with a few mates in a pub for a Chelsea Arsenal game about 10 years ago. Three Chelsea mates, one Spurs mate and me.
Another group of guys comprising an Arsenal fan, a Spurs fan and a Man utd fan started trouble but the only people who threw punches at each other were

the two Spurs fans

1 Like

Timed how exactly?

Generally earlier KOs so they haven’t had a chance to get too pissed.

I’m surprised that works.

IDK, maybe 2 hours of pregaming vs. 5+ hours of pregaming?

Leeds ManU
Liverpool ManU

Am I seeing a trend there? :grin:

1 Like