World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

This game is fantastic. Go Poles.

Pretty interesting game so far! Exciting saves a few minutes ago by France.

Damn

pretty!

Giroud is always good enough for France but couldn’t cut it as a back up at Chelsea.

I’ve never understood kicking the ball into the ground when shooting, but a number of top pros really like that finish.

Chelsea have had what, one striker work out the last decade?

Beautiful finish by a beautiful man.

Is the grey/silver at the front intentional?

I have no idea.

I was thinking more about the USMNT style of play and i kind of feel like given Aaronson, Pulisic and Reyna’s style of play and pace, would it not be better to have tried to be much more conservative by playing more defensively for a draw and try to get something on the counter? You are putting so many players forward yet you still rarely score, while you leave yourself open defensively.

I’ve never minded Giroud but if feels wrong he has more goals for France than Henry

2 Likes

yeah. as a chelsea fan i felt very prepared to watch the US this world cup… whole lot of coming back to the ball/ waiting for the ball, and no runs being made off the ball.

It’s a weird team. Nkunku is a good signing, but so was Werner and Sterling.
Rice would be good as well but I’m not sold on his athleticism. He won’t be Kante.

Jesus maybe needing knee surgery has me sad. Hope arsenal can avoid that.

Sterling might have worked out in a more settled club but with a new owner and manager no one really knows who Chelsea are now.

They’re a club without an identity and it’s bound to affect the players.

Man I’m not sure if you guys realize this but that Mmm-bop guy seems good at the foot-and-headball.

if only that bicycle counted…

Giroud maybe has the best collection for quality of goals of the past 20 years.

Maybe Zlatan has it beat, but this one that didn’t count is one of like 25 Giroud has like such.

Doesn’t play for Arsenal don’t care

1 Like

I still like Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Sterling etc. They just haven’t been bought with a system in mind. They are shiny toys but no idea on how to play with them.

This Chelsea team won’t get top 4 this year, but if they got 2nd or 8th next year I wouldn’t be shocked either.