World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

Haven’t read yet.

Isn’t Halal food pretty much all Kosher anyway?

This is the “because Fuck You, that’s why” gets implemented everywhere world.

Kosher Food is Halal, but Halal Food isn’t Kosher.

None of it?

Too many halal rules violate kosher rules (meet & dairy, shellfish, etc), and not keeping these things separate, meaning they’re not prepared in a kosher manner.

Edit: Caveat, I am not an expert in Kosher Food, or Halal food.

That makes sense. I knew Kosher was more restrictive, but I thought there was some Halal that was OK. Looks like that isn’t the case.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/usmntonly/status/1594411495026266115?s=20&t=E_qDb657OqA2-M4lJnU4Kw

1 Like

The “no jews praying in public” thing is more problematic IMO. Imagine the outcry if a Western Nation hosting an international event like this disallowed public prayer from only one religion.

1 Like

Uh, the US banned entry from “Muslim” countries. The country is definitely a place where banning “Muslim” prayer in public places is very possible. Public places are where Muslim terrorist bomb people!

As I recall, there was, and still is, in fact, a lot of outrage over Trump’s travel ban.

1 Like

rooting for iran!

3 Likes

:coolbiden:

1 Like

Iran have a few fun players, but way less so than England are are super defensive.

For those who want to know who to root for:

1 Like

Root for all 0-0 draws in the group

What is the tie-breaker procedure if every group game ends with a 0-0 draw (or any other identical score draw)?

1. Greatest number of points obtained in all group matches
  2. Superior goal difference in all group matches
  3. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches
  4. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned
  5. Superior goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned
  6. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned
  7. Highest team conduct score relating to the number of yellow and red cards obtained:
    Yellow card: minus-1 point
    Indirect red card (as a result of two yellow cards): minus-3 points
    Direct red card: minus-4 points
    Yellow card and direct red card: minus-5 points
  8. Drawing of lots by FIFA

Last World Cup got all the way to Level 7 between Japan and Senegal. Japan had 4 yellow cards, Senegal had 6. So Japan advanced to knockout stage and Senegal was eliminated.

2 Likes

I think it comes down to yellow/red cards, and after that flip a coin?

Edit: Pony lost the drawing of lots and has been sent to the glue factory.

5 Likes

Thanks. Didn’t know about the cards. That’s actually a pretty decent solution.