Winter Olympics

Winter Olympics is on

USA vs Australia in curling on now

1-1 after two ends.

Mods move if necessary

I didn’t even realize the games started already. I’m pretty much not not hyped at all.

Turned on some womens hockey to see Canada in the the lead 8-0 against the Swiss.
Fun.

Lol and just now the Canadian goalie makes a save and the commentator is calling it the save of the tournament.

1 Like

This game had an incredible ending.

Yeah, the first week is all mixed doubles. I think Mens and Womens first round is Feb 8 or 9

1 Like

Watching Italy/US right now. Absolutely insane match. Italy took 4 in the second end, and had a chance to take 4 more in the 6th, but Hog violated their last rock to give the US one, now only down 1 headed into the 7th.

Holy shit, an Italy burn on the last rock in End 7. Absolutely incredible.

Absolute disaster against both Italy and Norway, oh man.

Go Japanese women’s curling!

1 Like

Tirico and the white-guy-China-knower they have covering the opening ceremonies constantly referring to the genocide of Xinjiang Muslims as allegations made by the Biden administration is so fucking frustrating.

The vast majority of what we know about the situation in Xinjiang comes from two sources: Uyghurs and Kazakhs themselves and the Chinese government itself.

I understand there’s only so much to expect from NBC in this situation (and I’m somewhat surprised they’ve brought it up at all) but come on…

2 Likes

Lol german commentators talk about our first runner being the best shot and minutes later she has to do 2 penalty loops. :rofl:

I don’t understand how the entire field doesn’t wipe out every race in this short-track relay stuff.

Basically the same format as they had for the summer games

Women’s Slopestyle snowboarding on now is pretty good.

And mens downhilll skiing coming up in an hour could be good as well.

1 Like

On NBC they said downhill was delayed at least an hour due to wind.

1 Like

Spidercrab family is thoroughly confused by both luge and biathlon. Good times. That distance cross country skiing looked absolutely brutal.

I went down a dangerously fast waterslide in Costa Rica and have renewed respect for the luge (which I already had a lot of respect for to begin with).

I love cross-country skiing for some reason. I will watch any race any time.

I respect the luge in the sense that it seems terrifyingly dangerous. But the whole family was struggling with the idea that it’s a sport.

How do they feel about curling?

Tonight was the first night we watched any of it, and we haven’t seen any curling yet. I’m pretty sure they already know what it is, and I expect that the opinion will be:

• definitely a sport
  • definitely weird

And after you’ve watched a few sessions:

• definitely awesome
4 Likes

They’ve postponed it now to another day.