Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenLethem/status/1220327690563194880

Tell me when we get to 30 Seconds To Mars

:frowning:

Jim Lehrer, co-host and later host of the nightly PBS “NewsHour” that for decades offered a thoughtful take on current events, has died, PBS said Thursday. He was 85.

1 Like

Because of one suspected case in NI?

1 Like

Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife. Wash yo hands. Don’t go to Wuhan.

1 Like

A complete shutdown of Wuhanians entering the US until we figure out wtf is going is sadly imminent

Watch the movie Contagion to take your mind off it.

3 Likes

Kill the virus stone dead with Jamesons or Bushmills.

1 Like

It’s in Edinburgh allegedly :pensive:

Same advice.

1 Like

I guess MERS killed 33%, SARS killed 10% and Wuhan is only killing something like 3% - mostly old people who may have other problems. Of course you’ll have to read deep into the article to find that out because eyeballs.

How does the severity of the Wuhan virus compare with SARS and MERS

So far, the Wuhan virus appears to be milder than SARS or MERS, though it has sickened some people severely and there have been deaths. MERS killed about a third of those infected, while SARS resulted in the deaths of about one in 10. By contrast, the mortality rate from the Wuhan virus is tracking at roughly 3%. Many patients who have died were over 60 years old, had other illnesses such as diabetes and were admitted to hospitals when their illness was advanced.

1 Like

But snake so panic :snake:

My Chinese opened up after the new year break yesterday and A combination Satay is calling me atm…

:telephone_receiver:… :eyes:… :scream:

Wuhan! I got you all in check

3 Likes

Missed the opportunity to say “Don’t fuck with the Wuhan Clan.”

Diseases can have a low mortality rate and still kill millions if it spreads enough.

1 Like

An NHS source told the Daily Record that two patients had been taken into isolation in Glasgow and now a further three people are being tested in Edinburgh.

:unamused:

I just coughed…

Some people need to play more Plague Inc.

2 Likes

Someone better than me can edit this appropriately and change ZO to WU.

2 Likes