Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

A beanie baby.

2 Likes

Parliament House, Canberra.

3 Likes

Is that snow?

It looks like it, but it canā€™t be. That would be like snow in Halifax in July.

Hailstones

Itā€™s always a goddamn pickup truck driver. Itā€™s like a tradition in the Midwest: once you get that first inch or two of snow and youā€™re on your way to work you immediately see pickup truck drivers that have managed to fly off the road because they think their magical manly 4WD pickups can take a curve doing 90 MPH in the snow.

Bonus points if the bed of your truck is laden down with delivery items that should theoretically give you better traction.

1 Like

Hailstones, yeah. Canberra got golf ball plus sized hail. This is the kind of damage the storm did to any cars not undercover:

We, meaning Straya, sometimes get this sort of storm in summer, but Canberra is a weird place for one to show up. I can only recall this type of hailstorm in Adelaide twice in my lifetime and it would be rarer still in Canberra.

Our PM is a god-bothererer, like a Pentacostal or some such, so I hope he sits God down for a chat. We have fires everywhere, floods in Queensland, destructive hail in Eastern NSW and someone also got struck by lightning in the Blue Mountains yesterday. Iā€™m not an expert on deity psychology, but it seems like the big guy might be a bit pissed at us.

Thatā€™s not how this works. Dems regardless of candidate canā€™t make the mistake of assuming the votes were for them when in reality theyā€™re all mostly anti trump.

The implied opposition between political hobbyism and small-dollar Andrew Yang donations is too much.

Iā€™ve also donated to Warren and Bernie as well as a whole bunch of different progressive candidates running against establishment Dā€™s and AOCā€™s stuff. Like I said in my post my budget is 5-10k. Iā€™ve donated like 400 bucks to Yang total lol.

I really like donating small amounts to candidates that havenā€™t gotten off the ground yet. Call it seed donations. I think it has the largest impact. Once they hit a certain critical mass and start getting tons of cash I feel like each additional marginal dollar is worth less.

Iā€™ll also be writing a pretty good size check to anyone who wins the primary who isnā€™t an eDem. Theyā€™ll have plenty of corporate money if they win so Iā€™ll move on to donating to Congress/Senate people.

For Yang Iā€™ve done something much better than donate money: Iā€™ve phone banked. Iā€™m probably the most overqualified phone banker ever, and given the amount of internal resistance I feel to making an additional outbound phone call given my day job thatā€™s a pretty strong indicator of how I feel.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all well and good but what if Jim Morrison was right?

1 Like

I am certainly in the top fraction of a percentile in length of time been online but that experience has only solidified protecting yourself and your identity.

I donā€™t share a huge amount here but this is probably where the most information about me has existed.

I donā€™t know if there will be a rebound as people face the repercussions or if people will just become immune to the downsides as they get older.

A friend of mine has a two year old who can actively skip my commercials when watching YouTube. We keep getting younger and younger with the technology and it all leads to a bigger online presence.

I do not even sports, but thatā€™s exciting.

2 Likes

I remember seeing her in a commercial a while back. Think it was for some tablet or something like that.

1 Like

Without looking, do you know who represents you on your city council? The argument is not that youā€™re insincerely committed to Andrew Yang, itā€™s that your interest in him is about something other than trying to get a grip on the levers of power. You can spend a lot of money on fancy cooking utensils and even spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but that doesnā€™t make you a professional chef.

Florida Man on Florida Man violence

Note how the writer bends over backwards not to mention deals even though you know damn well thatā€™s what it was about

https://twitter.com/wftv/status/1219645476976431105?s=21

If someone has a non paywalled version of that article please post it

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1219655472434831361

:roll_eyes:

Some Trumper so no. I have basically no viable path to seizing any kind of power locally in Williamson County Texas. If I end up being wrong about that itā€™ll be in the aftermath of the next election. Homebuilders and lenders seem to run this place, and honestly they arenā€™t doing that bad of a job.

On the national level my goal is to capsize the establishment of the Democratic party so it can be remade in a more populist way. Thatā€™s where most of my political effort goes.

I vehemently disagree with the idea that the professional political class has much legitimacy right now.