Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

lol no

4 Likes

okay boo

Yeah, I vaguely knew the song “Ordinary World” but didn’t even know it was Duran Duran until just now. “Planet Earth”, “Girls On Film”, “Hungry Like The Wolf” etc, on the other hand, like duh, that’s Duran Duran.

1 Like

Same. I was like, “I don’t even know that song!”, but I did. Just had no idea it was Duran Duran. Honestly I didn’t even know they kept recording new music after the 80’s.

Isn’t it always war time?

So the second most played video on Duran Duran’s YouTube page is from that same 1993 album, and also I song I knew but had no idea was them.

A View to a Kill tho.

“Yes, gate the drums. Gate the synth stabs too. Fuck it, just gate everything! It’s the 80’s!”

2 Likes

Maybe the stupid Australians should have swept their ground better.

2 Likes

Guarantee you that’s not true, they’re one of those bands. Play a few of their big ones from the '80s and you’ll realise you know at least one of them, almost surely.

This post aged well.

3 Likes

WWIII might be kicking off and y’all are discussing crappy 80’s bands.

3 Likes

I’ve been sure the world was going to hell as soon as I first heard that shit back in the day.

2 Likes

You guys are really aging yourself in this music discussion. No one under 35 can name a Duran Duran song.

1 Like

Gen-X nostalgia containment thread.

4 Likes

Damn, here I was thinking I’d fooled everyone I was 23. The shame of it. Please tell us what music under-35s talk about, I’m just dying to know. Edge of my seat here.

Taking a guided tour of DC feels like a leak, just figure out what you want to see on the mall and go your own way.

Television and Talking Heads music has aged well. Duran Duran? Come on, it’s aged as well as hair metal.

2 Likes

But what do the under-35s think of Television, that’s the burning question.

3 Likes

They’d be a headliner at pitchfork fest in a second. Probably could make 250k being a sub headliner at any major fest ala The Replacements which I saw ~5 years ago and that was wonderful.

1 Like

You understand Duran Duran are still touring, right?