Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

I actually Lol’d. Goddamn is that humor dark.

Ordered a product from France. Within hours they are selling the product for 20% cheaper. I ask for a price adjustment before the product is even sent to me.

They say they cannot do this but go ahead and order a second one and return the first one. Foolishly, in my silly American way I tried to explain how bad this is for them (they pay for shipping and returns internationally) and the environment. The response: “yes, i understand, but this is the process.”

This is the most French thing ever.

3 Likes

They won’t let you cancel the first order? That’s weird.

A good portion of people won’t go through the hassle.

https://twitter.com/cbsphilly/status/1224337382717251584?s=21

I love the fact the every single news report of this keeps up the illusion that Gritty is a real person and not a guy in a costume. Total commitment to selling it.

2 Likes

All I have to do for a free Chapelle show is attend Yang rallies and also there’s a non zero chance Chapelle will call me and tell me to vote Yang, “Wu-Tang!”

On Wednesday evening, Chappelle phoned voters in South Carolina on Yang’s behalf. “My name is Dave Chappelle. I’m a world-famous comedian,” he told one answerer, after a few minutes of scripted phone-banking in Columbia. “But, today, I’m just rolling some phone calls and trying to garner support. We got a big primary coming up.” He ended the call, “All right. Wu-Tang.” Chappelle reportedly plans to go door to door for Yang, as well.

2 Likes

You hate to see it

11 Likes

All those thoughts and prayers will surely save him.

1 Like

Only the best do, I guess.

That transcript is from 2015.

5 Likes

London seems just as fun as I remember. Lol these tossers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Write_Type/status/1224025845586702336?s=20

My mom smokes, so I hope I didn’t fuck up karmically by allegedly fist pumping and cheering yes allegedly

4 Likes

How long until Rush completely changes his tune and starts supporting some sort of taxpayer-funded healthcare system now that HE needs it…

He’s worth 9 figures. He doesn’t need it.

What the actual fuck I would have guessed like $5M. Poisoning the minds of olds to the point of destroying democracy pays pretty damn well.

Edit: just looked it up and his wiki net worth is $500M, with this anecdote

Limbaugh signed a $400 million, eight-year contract in 2008 with what was then Clear Channel Communications.

I hope he dies a painful death and rots in hell.

2 Likes

Sweet summer child

1 Like

12/6/2018:

Stern narrowly beats America’s most-listened-to radio host Rush Limbaugh, who made $84.5 million. Both Stern and Limbaugh are making moves in the digital space. Devoted fans can now watch Stern on SiriusXM’s new video service which features highlights from Stern’s 30-year-plus video library. This past January, Limbaugh released his first mobile app, which gave a subscription boost to his digital platform, Rush 24/7.

More shocking - that same article claims that Glenn Beck made $8.5 million in 2018.

There’s a serious amount of money in right wing grifting. It’s very depressing.

1 Like

I don’t wish illness or disease on anyone, and I don’t gloat over anyone’s health misfortune.

But if I did, Rush would be right at the front of the line.

1 Like

About the best thing I can say about him is that he’s a big fat fucking idiot.

1 Like

Oh shit, just saw this. JT don’t tell me you’re a Paul Auster fan too or I’m gonna have to come steal you from your family.

1 Like