Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

Obviously y’all are terrified of losing imaginary money to my formidable poker skills.

I will try this again later perhaps.

It won’t allow me to sign in using email or phone number :roll_eyes:

An unknown network error has occurred :grimacing:

The other site is better anyway. I’ll try to get a full ring game going later.

3 Likes

@RiskyFlush

1 Like

I’ll play tonight if that’s what you meant by later.

2 Likes

I’d love to get some invite-only online tourneys going.

2 Likes

This platform will do it and I’m willing to fund a couple cheeseburger freerolls to get it going. Just gotta wait for bank reverification so I can buy some BCH and get it on the site.

1 Like

I don’t get the reference…

Arrange it for a Euroland friendly time and I’m in,

Ohh… I posted some of Harold’s videos before and I thought it was yourself that liked them…

As he’s just started posting new ones a few days ago.

It probably was me! I don’t remember everything. Just random movie trivia :P

1 Like

I wish I could say the same

LOL at @Riverman and @microbet being so stingy with their likes!!! But I suppose their limited praise is part of their appeal.

@Smacc_25 very clearly generous and has a well-satisfied partner :peach: :eggplant:

2 Likes

1 Like

This happened to my dad today. I suspect they’re trying to trick him into getting evicted, since his rent is low and they’re renovating. Yay capitalism!

Now I’ll tell you a funny-NOT story. I received the following e-mail this morning from the “Assistant Portfolio Manager” of our building’s management company:

"Hi Robert!

I will be filing evictions with our attorney and unless your current balance is paid off by tomorrow morning, I will have to go ahead and move forward with the eviction process."

I kid you not. Extra funny, since I am totally paid up on my rent, even been sending it in early. It took me all morning to troubleshoot this nightmare by voicemail and e-mail with her, and Nichole the Property Manager. The upshot: they claim they never received my February rent check, although I suspect they just lost it. I asked Ashley why she waited until now, after I’d already successfully paid the March rent, to blindside me with this threat. It turns out, when she sent e-mail alerts out earlier this month, somehow my reminder message never went out. For this she did finally apologize. So two mistakes by them, turned into an immediate threat of eviction for me. Nice.

Furthermore, Nicole stated she would no longer be accepting “paper rent payments”–i.e., our personal checks or money orders. My only options now are to have her send me a chit which I would bring to CVS or some other designated merchant, there to pay my rent in cash through them; or to pay my rent on-line each month through the management company’s renters portal app. I told her I never pay my bills on line, but since the only other alternative she offers is to further risk my life and health, during a pandemic “stay-at-home” order, by needing yet another reason to go out to a store, I would have no choice but to pay my rent on line. Ah, but just a little extra salt in the wound: to pay by credit or debit card I will have to fork over an additional “convenience” fee–i.e., in effect an immediate $12 rent increase each month. Ah, but there is an alternative: I can have that fee canceled if I want to divulge to them all my banking info., so they can extract my rent money directly from my bank account each month. Is this a great country, or what? Pushed into a corner, I paid, yet again, my Feb. rent+ on-line by debit card.

WTF at not taking checks for rent? Yay red states with zero protections for anyone! Just blame the liberals who are at least sort of trying to help you as your life gets worse and worse.

Not taking cash or check is a way for them to increase effective rent by charging convenience and/or late fees. We need to track the motherfuckers who are responsible for this down and kill their kids in front of them.

1 Like

Even by 1913 standards that seems pretty tame and non-provocative.