Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I have ptosis which is basically my left eyelid is much weaker than the right eye. I can wink my left eye with zero effort but I have to think about trying to wink my right eye and my left eye still closes a tiny bit

Excuse me?

https://twitter.com/gannettalbany/status/1470424780386054153?s=21

I haven’t been in an airport in years but $10B still gets you a decent new semiconductor fab if you prefer.

I have no real advice but work groups are rife with these kinds of situations. It’s why TV shows like The Office, Parks & Rec, and Superstore were popular-- everyone can identify with them. There are cliques and unwritten rules and people with hot-buttons you don’t know about until something goes bam. Like, not that it excuses him, but maybe this guy’s wife left him recently or something. You just don’t know. On TV, and in real-life too, you survive by finding someone who either knows what the deal is or can at least sympathize. Only rarely by taking a direct approach.

1 Like

$714 million per gate, what a bargain

That all it costs? F’ing crazy the gov’t or Elon or whoever hasn’t built a domestic foundry.

They’re coming, maybe, courtesy of the Taiwanese. Over $20B for a next level chip (3 nm) fab.

TSMC chairman and founder Morris Chang warned last month of higher operating costs and a thin talent pool for the U.S. plans in a rare public speech attended by Wei and chairman Mark Liu.

“In the United States, the level of professional dedication is no match to that in Taiwan, at least for engineers,” Chang said. He warned that “short-term subsidy can’t make up for long-term operational disadvantage.”

Yeah, I guess they won’t be hiring me.

Well, I don’t know how they do things in New York City, but here in little ol San Diego adding 11 new gates will cost only $310 million each

huh, it looks like Build Back Better Biden is trying to spin up a fab line.

President Joe Biden has called for $50 billion in funding to support domestic chip manufacturing, and the U.S. Senate could take action on that as early as this week.

1 Like

Why do doctors call you and tell you they need to see you after tests but refuse to say anything even something as simple as “don’t worry it’s not very serious”. Seems unnecessarily cruel!

Good friend just spent four days worrying she has cervical cancer only to be told she has a minor infection treatable with one days antibiotics.

Makes no sense. I get maybe they can’t go into detail but basic information on the level is severity seems the minimum human decency.

I read this online but seems like an excuse. Here you are required to have a call the day before your appointment to discuss why you need to see the doctor. They don’t know it’s you for that either. But then they refuse to tell you anything via phone of results.

It all seems like a way to bill more.

1 Like

You’d think that the pandemic has led these people to figure out they can use video chat to give that info.

1 Like

I have an app and test results show up there before the doctor sends me their letter about the tests. Also on the app.

We have that here too but it just gives you raw data.

I recently had some tests come back outside of normal ranges (liver enzymes) and the nurse in my doctor’s office called to talk to me about it, and then I followed up and spoke to my doctor a bit about it as well. Tested again a month later and all is back to normal.

Maybe it’s a here thing but that’s exactly how they do it 100% of the time. If it’s no concern you get zero follow up. If it’s anything from minor to you have 2 days to live you get a cryptic call to come in and zero info.

The can’t be sure it’s you over the phone is weak ass bs. Sensitive results are given all the time over the phone.

1 Like

He’s in Alberta.

1 Like

lol:
https://twitter.com/timgill924/status/1470055306088656898?s=20

As if.