Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Must be popular in the immigrant community.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/carnage4life/status/1469658065989373955?s=21

1 Like

Wait what

2 Likes

16 Likes

My opinion of Nancy Reagan certainly went up.

1 Like

Correct, which Duo reminds us of like every time we open the app.

2 Likes

jesus christ, seriously. and really don’t most people just have their prescriptions called in? So you shouldn’t even need to wait for them to fill the bottle, it should just be picking stuff up. Literally every time I go to the pharmacy, it takes 3 minutes for the tech to take care of me, but I invariably end up in line behind some fucking dipshit boomer who is … refinancing her mortgage? What the FUCK are these people doing???

4 Likes

also the tongue click

1 Like

Their doctor told them to take one pill with food every morning and they want to complain to the pharmacist about it and ask every conceivable question. Why one pill? Is it okay if I take it with grapefruit juice? Is grapefruit juice healthy? I put vodka in my breakfast grapefruit juice, is that ok? Whadaya mean it’s not ok, the doctor didn’t say I can’t do that? Get them on the phone! Sigh, fine. What kind of food should I take it with? Should I take it before or after I eat? Should I crumble it up in my food? If I forget should I take it later or should I take 2 pills the next day? If I take 2 pills the next day do I have to eat twice as much food?

Etc.

4 Likes

This is me with rental cars. It is fucking insane how long people can stretch out that transaction. I’m done in 10 minutes max (normally less if the guy behind the counter is efficient and doesn’t try to fuck around). No upgrade, no insurance, no gas. Even if I wanted those things, it wouldn’t change much.

The services where you can just pick up the car with no line are such a massive time saver.

1 Like

Yup. Also English is the #2 most popular in the US for the same reason.

In hebrew Yalla can mean like 40 different things and they are all intuitively obvious to a native speaker. And its not even really a hebrew word.

2 Likes

yeah yeah. yalla yalla

How did we all make it to 2021 and we’re only now learning that Nancy Reagan was the throat GOAT of Hollywood? Seems like that should have been common knowledge by now.

It has been for decades

1 Like

It was definitely news to me. Did anyone here besides LouisCyphre know?

I’d heard about it but it also just sounds like a generic old timey slut shaming rumor so I didn’t put much stock into it.

1 Like

I’d say that still counts. I was really asking if anyone heard about it, not if they believed it.

According to google it was mentioned in a 1991 biography and probably in other places before that.

Not surprised to hear this about the person who once described the Pope as “virile”.