Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

By cable I’m assuming you guys are talking about cable TV. The majority of people get internet via RF cable. And the best possible connection, optical fiber, is just another cable. It’s not cable per se you hate.

Seeing a lot of tweets about the Russians on ISS, I don’t feel like trying to decipher the tweets as they’re already like level 4 memes, someone give me the cliff notes

Quickly looked. Russians conducted an anti-satellite test. Debris from the test crossed the orbit of the space station. Astronauts hunkered down. Not sure if this will cause on-going issues but these kinds of tests are colossally stupid.

Edit: The hunkering down was in capsules currently docked at ISS. Not sure why the capsules are safer. Maybe just smaller cross-section.

Spoiler! I haven’t watched Gravity. Seriously though, those Hollywood people are pretty imaginative.

The orbital physics of the movie are a bit dubious.

1 Like

Reality is kind of boring. And inconvenient. Too many rules. Feynman used to say he was doing imagination in a tight straight-jacket.

As far as I can tell, they go to the capsules in case they need to evacuate.

1 Like

We had it. It’s a good book. Recommend.

1 Like

Neil Degrasse Tyson had the best tweet response to Gravity, saying that it should have been called Angular Momentum.

3 Likes

Mo Willems is so damn good.

Among the threads that come together in this story:

• Pappa John’s
  • Guns
  • Subarus
2 Likes

Watching The Lighthouse… what the FUCK?

3 Likes

Amazing movie. A+

I liked it

No seriously, WHAT THE FUCK??

The real horror would be if you’re watching on CABLE.

Headline writer eats shoots and leaves.

2 Likes

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340827

Chiefsplanet debates how many 5 year olds.

The engineer and architect ones in this series are good too.

1 Like

I still have no idea what the perfect age for reading this book is supposed to be.

2 Likes