Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

No durians allowed on the trains in Singapore.

2 Likes

See what he appears to want is for them to abandon immigration to appease Black people, and abandon BLM to appease Latinos.

I’m voting in a ranked choice city council election. There are 3 choices, I’m fine with two of these but don’t like the third. Is it better to rank the third person #3 or not to rank him at all? Does it matter?

Once you get to your second choice they either win or they don‘t. There is only one candidate left when your third choice would come into play.

2 Likes

Seeing Ted Cruz root for my favorite team is legit worse than seeing them cheat. Wish I could delete that Twitter post from my brain

My favorite team gave Rush Limbaugh his big break.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1449028233383628803

3 Likes

Walsh epitomizes being a smarmy piece of shit

1 Like

5 Likes

Nothing matters, bro

Is that Becky Lynch?

2 Likes

Not having many close friends is the universe’s way of telling us we have built in redundancy, and we are ok with that.

I’ve had close friends, but especially after moving, I can’t say I have any close friends that are still close, at least geographically.

4 Likes

Proximity is key. It’s hard to have close friends that aren’t physically close for a long time.

In LA there’s a definite change in the friendship when someone moves across town.

This is interesting bc it seems like there’s a question if someone should could count partners/spouses as close friends. Or do they go in a different category?

1 Like

My interpretation of the question was that they don’t count, even if you have a close, healthy, emotionally open relationship with them.

2 Likes

The biggest sacrifice of moving abroad as an adult is the lack of close friends. In most places, you’re forever seen as an outsider.

2 Likes

I actually found that living abroad it is easier to make friends as an expat because you kind of have a community that you are sort of accepted into by default and also the type of common experience that friendships get built on.

1 Like