Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Original Jolly Rancher flavors, ranked:

1. Cherry
  2. Green Apple
  3. Watermelon
  4. Grape (not really that good, last to be eaten)
  5. Blue Raspberry (I don’t even remember this one)

Jolly Rancher flavors, ranked:

1. Who cares because it’s a bottom quintile candy
3 Likes

Is blue raspberry really an og flavor? I don’t remember it being in the normal bags

I just went by this. Could be getting gaslighted I guess.

1 Like

The rare dozens of tiny pillars AND Camelot castle look. @zikzak explain.

Homeowner: Moar tiny pillars.

Architect: Are you sure? They just need to hold up a small rail—

Homeowner: I SAID MORE!

1 Like

More pillars means more fancy.

I’ve got cherry > apple > grape ≈ raspberry > watermelon

1 Like

Maybe they wanted to make sure their toddler could get his head stuck between the pillars but would be otherwise safe to wander freely on the balcony.

1 Like

Watermelon is easy to rank because no matter what food or drink you’re talking about, it’s always at the bottom.

FYP

2 Likes

I lost my virginity to a Caryn. Best 30 seconds of her life apparently.

5 Likes

It’s called a balustrade (made up of balusters). Those in particular are more Renaissance/Classical Revival-ish than medieval. The arches also read wrong and not gothic to me. Definitely a hot mess of bad design.

But close spacing is required on all balustrades/railings so toddlers don’t toddle through them and plummet. That one in better context wouldn’t be terrible imo.

Any nice house built between 1980 and 1995 in LA is like 50/50 to be a faux Mediterranean villa with the stupid tiny columns everywhere.

My ex calls them Olive Gardens. We used to go for walks and see how many Olive Gardens we could count. My neighborhood is Olive Garden central. Sometimes you see an orange one - that’s an Il Forniao. A red one is a Buca di Bepo.

2 Likes

There’s a house in my neighborhood that looks like an in n out

The best part of all those “nice” houses with “historical” elements is how horrified the owners would be if you told them the correct name of that style is postmodernism.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/10/15/durian-canberra-australia-gas-leak/

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1449398561343422464
( twitter | raw text )

Ted Cruz used the “Bold Strategy, Cotton” reference six months ago.

Uhhhhh, I use that reference sometimes. :frowning:

3 Likes

Haven’t seen dodgeball in a long time, no way it holds up right?

bUNXwFD

5 Likes

I think it holds up pretty well.