Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

4 Likes

Part of the take is that there’s a risk the right will destroy our current institutions!

Huh? He’s saying that “the culture” has rejected the right so this will not happen.

So that take is super dumb, but there’s one thing it has right… the conservatives have dominated the political conversation since the 70’s and have long since gotten everything any sane conservative really wants. As a result their crazy people are leading the charge.

Every conservative I’ve met under the age of 35 in the last decade was a hardcore racist. It’s the only thing left to be even a little bit passionate about.

And they’re still all fucking miserable. They’re all trump floating through life getting their every whim catered to but even if it’s a solid gold toilet on your private jet it’s still never enough to make them remotely happy or even satisfied.

1 Like

Did you watch The White Lotus?

Personally I don’t see wokeness overthrowing America unless the establishment allows the current system to completely collapse, and revolutionary mass-movement fervor is needed to rebuild something in its place.

Which of course is possible (see: the 2024 election).

No, but there’s only so much ‘prestige tv drama’ I can stomach these days.

Mainstream culture has rejected the rightwing fringe. The key difference between them now and the 1970’s left is that the rightwing yahoos still have an extraordinary amount of political power.

1 Like

Thats consistent with what I said. The idea that “the establishment” has the choice to “allow” fascism or disallow it is unsubstantiated hubris from the technocratic class.

And will continue to gain more. Doesn’t really matter if main stream culture rejects you if you can get a stranglehold on power via voter suppression and built in advantages.

6 of 9 supreme court justices being appointed by presidents who lost the popular vote, usually by a lot, says it all.

Annoying songs to wake people up

Good Morning Vietnam

John Phillips Sousa

Yeah, I nearly posted this in the poor media outlet choices thread. To openly wonder about the differences between young Republicans and Democrats but never mention race is so lol.

Tomorrow from Annie

1 Like

Wow titanium nitride is really hard stuff.

1 Like

This is classic “deplorables complained to the manager” dynamics. When people did point out that their views were racist, conservatives DEMANDED that they apologize for the UNACCEPTABLE consumer experience of being called a racist. Now everyone is terrified of calling out obvious racism.

7 Likes

It’s EXTREMELY diverse, just look, sometimes the guy is on the RIGHT, sometimes he’s on the LEFT. Sometimes he’s wearing a sport coat, sometimes it’s a cardigan or even a crewneck! We got both types of women, blondes AND brunettes!

i spy a redhead

You do realize that there are Christmas Rom-Coms starring Black people?