https://twitter.com/SchmuckLauren/status/1427502427784335361

1 Like
I knew there was a country named eSwatini
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Damn, I did know of Swaziland but didn’t realize it had a different name

Swaziland.

Voted yes, but only because I googled it when I saw them in the Olympics opening parade. There were probably 3-4 countries I had somehow never heard of.

Man I really, really hope this isn’t true.

2 Likes

This

Similar - had never heard of it until the Olympics, when my son was acting like an arrogant jerk because he had heard of it.

Swahililand is how we say it… :grimacing:

eSwatini sounds like an app developer paid Swaziland to change its name as part of a marketing stunt.

Didn’t something like this happen a few years ago in real life, or maybe a movie, or am I dreaming?

1 Like

Speaking of dreams, I just had one where a powerful supercomputer used an algorithm to determine the most evil and corrupt individual in modern history and the name it came up with was…

Sammy Hagar

:thinking:

2 Likes
3 Likes

A Swiss group just reported the results of their 3 month supercomputer project that set a record for… calculating the digits of pi (63 trillion). Last 10 digits? 7817924264

I think Hagar is safe for a while.

1 Like

I can forgive Sammy because the Tacos al Pastor at his joint in Cabo are really fucking good.

1 Like
1 Like

Those parkour fucks are going to kick our asses when they learn to fight.

They will do the backflip stomp to the face just to show off.

Not only did I know that, but I actually know the capitals (there are two). Just the other day I was helping my kid with a school project related to Africa. It had nothing to do with Eswatini, but it just happened to catch my eye as we were looking over a map.

There are two? Would have gotten that wrong. Just know Mbabane.