Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I recall the chia pet. Were you allowed to eat what grew on it? They didn’t market it that way.

Who’s going to stop you?

4 Likes

wait there is an app that can turn you into a young hot chick…

ok might as well try this out…

LOL heyyyyyy guysssss

5 Likes

Lol, geez, if only pokerjo had this back in the day.

For anyone not in the know, pokerjo posted on 22 under the adopted persona of some model, got found out for using public pics, left 22 in shame, and then came back years later and came out as transgender, documenting her transition in strikingly frank, open, and really interesting fashion.

4 Likes

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE NANNY STATE TRYING TO TELL US HOW TO LIVE OUR LIVES ME AND MY SIBLINGS ATE CHIA PETS ALL THE TIME WHEN WE WERE KIDS AND THE TWO OF US THAT ARE STILL ALIVE TURNED OUT FINE CHESSMATE LIBTARD

A vegan replacement for a backdoor gerbil.

1 Like

This may have been the source of my chia hesitancy. I hated that jingle.

Inside?

4 Likes

I’ve been noticing that too, in a bunch of Seattle Times articles. Some new AP style change?

Did you feel any better when you were a health nut?

Not that I can recall. It was 4 years ago or so. I remember I got blood work done and the doctor said I was pristine. It was a good period that changed my overall diet and outlook on food in general to this day.

2 Likes

Really good:

1 Like

Agree this is a good article. I think it lends too much weight to the change in the “moral authority” of the US arising from the Iraq War and not enough to social media. The undermining of faith in democracy within the US population IMO has way more to do with the weaponization of social media by fascists to spread propaganda. Existing institutions were totally unprepared for an all out misinformation attack from within the US.

4 Likes

Code situations like this really terrify me because I’m afraid my inexperience would lead to a negative outcome. I have some trainings and mock codes coming up, but I’d be a fish out of water if this came into my emergency department the next time I’m there.

It sounds like you and your team did more than everything that could be reasonably expected in any code. I guess someday it’s just someone’s day, and that feels so unsatisfying working in health care, at any level.

2 Likes

Not bad. Sending a few hundred million vaccines to poor countries would have gone a long way in that stepping up that he mentions.

1 Like

They didn’t even try that hard on my dad. I stood there watching his dying heart on the monitor while two nurses bagged and yucked it up about something else. They were actually giggling about something while this was happening.

I don’t lightly wish death on people but in that moment I wanted them to die. I know the job desensitizes you, but jfc. My friends are mostly nurses. I get that it’s a defense mechanism for horrible shit you see all the time. But man that image is just burned in my mind forever, down to what they look like. I’d easily recognize them again.

Anyway the doctor just told me they could keep going but it had been 30 mins and explained his heart was quivering but it wouldn’t come back and it seemed like he wanted my permission or something so I just said ok

7 Likes

Has to be seen

https://twitter.com/CFDMedia/status/1392939570380029953?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1392939570380029953|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fus-news%2F2021%2Fmay%2F14%2Fcat-jumps-from-fifth-floor-of-burning-chicago-building-bounces-once-and-runs-away

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/meetwoodflack/status/1392091836282548224

6 Likes

Came across this while looking for images of black boxes. (No embed graph but link works ok)

https://www.cccneb.edu/programs/cccmart/gallery/graphic_arts/black_squares.html

Use four black squares to communicate each word.
ORDER, INCREASE, BOLD, CONGESTED, TENSION, PLAYFUL

example

Clipboard01

2 Likes

Time to make the doughnuts, motherfucker: