Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

yeah DFW was designed for origin/destination travelers and not for connecting flyers at all. You can park basically 20 feet from any particular gate, which is fantastic if you’re a local, but connecting there is a fucking nightmare.

Cf: MCI, MSP, etc

DTW is, IMO, one of the best designs for connecting. It’s a straight line, impossible to get lost, and moving walkways everywhere so you don’t have to actually put in much effort.

3 Likes

LAX may be the worst design of all time, it’s a nightmare for both connecting and O/D travelers.

I hated having a connection between a domestic and international flight at LAX.

LAX requires A FUCKING BUS to move between terminals, just awful.

If this doesn’t include Newark, you need to add it separately to the list.

Seems like your wife has the better of this one. “Surely there’s something fun within 9 hours of Toronto” is not a thing you say on your way to winning an argument.

3 Likes

Just about to walk into Detroit. Minneapolis is very good.

It’s been over 20 years but Denver sucked. Hub and spokes like Salt Lake suck too.

I am 100% convinced there is a nuclear bunker of some kind under the Denver airport. It went 5x over budget and the land footprint is absurd.

A lot of the popular ones are terrible.

Munich Airport was pretty kickass though. Most airports in Europe suck but they won me over with lounge chairs at gates.

Yea, people talk about lifetime appointments to insulate the judge from partisanship with death being the randomizing factor, but if they truly want death to be the ramdomizing factor then they should ban judges from being able to retire so they have absolutely no personal and therefore political agency

Is this the appropriate thread to liveblog this meeting I’m sitting through? It’s 9:30pm and we have approximately 10 adults going LITERALLY sentence-by-sentence through this 15 page proposal. We started an hour ago and we’re not even a page and a half into this. My glass of scotch didn’t survive the first page. At this rate we might finish before this is due at 2pm tomorrow.

It’s consulting so just imagine all of the buzzwords you hate and now pretend you have to listen to 10 people debate which buzzwords fit best in each sentence.

12 Likes

We just spent 10 minutes wordsmithing a small callout box before deciding that it didn’t fit our narrative and deleting it entirely.

1 Like

Now we’re literally trying to rewrite somebody’s account of work that they did, which has already been reworded by multiple people before getting to us, without having any of those past people on the call. Just guessing at meaning here, like a fucked up game of telephone.

1 Like

An actual sentence we’re working on now, verbatim:

[Our] reach in areas spanning technology, cyber, analytics, and finance combined with our expertise in [specific discipline] and [other specific discipline] demonstrate that [we] have the scale and experience to solve complex problems across different portfolio components, diverse skillsets to tie financial and risk management with traditional program management office roles, the innovative tools and processes to drive industry-leading efficiency, and a strategic approach to drive continuous improvement.

like WHAT

8 Likes

Everyone on this call realizes that exactly nobody not on this call is going to think that means anything, right?

1 Like

Sadly there will be

1 Big boss
2 Idiot sycophant

And these two will think it’s all great and thats all that will matter.

We had a moment of near-clarity when someone quipped “is anyone at the client going to actually read this?” and then we went back to editing word-by-word.

1 Like

I resent this remark

Another boss just dialed in from vacation.

Someone: “We’re going through the pages making sure we say everything right”

Other boss: “Awesome”

Someone else: “Yea we’re on page two”

Other boss: “Not awesome”

Other boss quickly goes on mute and hasn’t spoken since.

4 Likes