Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I was disappointed with Handel’s Messiah and all of Nietzsche. And the whole Nazi thing.

6 Likes

My uncle was stationed there as Air Force MP and travelled all through Europe taking a closet worth of those slide tray rings. There was more Reagan love in other counties also from his slides. He and his wife are Trumpers now of course now.

Went to Düsseldorf. No one seemed to know where To find Stalag 13.

2 Likes

Maybe I just ran bad. It was about 20 yrs ago.

Wtf!

1 Like

The syrup thing kind of makes it Berliner Weisse. I think even most Germans outside of Berlin have never heard of it. I only know it because my dad studied in Berlin and used to have it sometimes when friends from his university days were visiting.

I vote the Reeperbahn as best disappointment. ITT. If you have high expectations for Stuttgart, you have only yourself to blame ;)

My dad doesn’t travel to Germany or buy any German products (yeah, it’s not feasible or rational) so out of respect I haven’t had a chance to visit outside a 2 night stay in Munich for work purposes in the middle of winter. I would complain about that one, but the hotel had heated floors which was awesome.

From what I recall from my beer books, it’s a frequent but not always kind of thing. I absolutely love them without the syrup, and sometimes like them with it.

Koelsch tho.

I’ve been questioning how smart people in STEM really are for a while.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1412011840956141570?s=19

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNONews/status/1411762188721790979

Worth checking to see if LAPD bomb squad was in the vicinity.

7 Likes

This is the worst chart I’ve ever seen. It makes no sense. What are the numbers compared to? Professional is an academic field?

From Matt’s comment, I presume the numbers represent the ratio of Dems to Rs within each field. Professional may be something that got truncated. For example, my last degree was the “Degree of Professional Engineer”, which is a stupid name but I’m stuck with it.

Professional usually means law, medicine, etc.

Explain the x axis?

Same. The ratio of Ds to Rs. Redundant maybe. Better if it were labeled.

I’ll go look up the source but it was just a joke on my part.

1 Like

Bobman on the money.

As well, I aggregated the professional fields (accounting, business, nursing) into one category called “professional.”

1 Like

I had an electrical engineering professor who had a holocaust denial blog. The school decided that did not warrant him losing tenure. The topic didn’t come up in class. I only found out because my dormmate was Jewish.

yikes

“This mainstream media are the Insurrectionists, who stormed the Capitol,” Cosby said in his statement issued through a spokesperson Sunday. “Those same Media Insurrectionists are trying to demolish the Constitution of these United State [sic] of America on this Independence Day.”

Cosby ended the statement with a sentence written in all capital letters, “NO TECHNICALITY – IT’S A VIOLATION OF ONES RIGHTS & WE THE PEOPLE STAND IN SUPPORT OF MS. PHYLICIA RASHAD.”