Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Pretty lame even by my standards. Though not bad for Grassley at 87. Lol Cotton.

Obviously they didn’t plan that. And if that much material really was loaded on that truck, it looks like only a small percentage went off and they were incredibly lucky.

hah, just came to post this. What a colossal fuck up

That’s not necessarily false.

He was convicted.

Then it was overturned.

Obviously it depends on exactly what you say or write, but there are plenty of ways to use “convicted rapist” to describe Cosby that are 100%, undeniably true.

Obviously did not involve anywhere near the quantities previously reported but if this was planned, somebody’s getting fired.

https://twitter.com/RyderChristNews/status/1410439162902183936?s=20

I don’t think it does depend. The reputation-harming thing about being called a convicted rapist is the implication that you raped people, not that you got caught. And the conviction was overturned on a technicality, not because Cosby didn’t rape a bunch of people. So whatever is technically false about calling him a convicted rapist isn’t defamatory, and the part that would be defamatory is true.

That’s all before getting into the fact that Cosby is a public figure, and it’s close to impossible to defame a public figure in practice.

Welcoming little baby Colin to the world. Mom and baby are both doing great.

7 lb 8 oz, born yesterday at 8:28AM

62 Likes

What’s his view on Unstuck moderation?

19 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s already voted in the fidget poll

1 Like

But seriously congrats!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well

1 Like

6 Likes

Grassley has shit form. Not a true American.

Read the room, Bill.

A textbook example of gaslighting. He’s communicating to the world that if you want anything to do with him or his money this is how you will treat him.

Send my wife and baby some good vibes. She’s at 32 weeks with preeclampsia and doctors just decided she’s going to deliver today. Prognosis is great for both her and baby but we’ll take as many well wishes we can get.

63 Likes

Good Luck Mr. and Mrs. Goebs. It’s stressful enough under normal circumstances, sending all the good vibes your way.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1410453573100609538

That’s an interesting selection of “institutions” to group together. Seems like a push poll designed to lump tech companies in with Antifa in people’s minds.

1 Like

Best of luck. I had a friend with preeclampsia. Nothing to be trifled with and quite a scare at the time, but baby and mom are both fine now.

2 Likes

anyone else get constant telemarketers wanting to buy your house? I got a new wrinkle on that, they call and want to buy my mother’s house (they think I own it for some reason). Wondering how far I can go with these shitbags, could I actually get a check out of them?

Calls from these scumbags got me into scambait vidoes on YouTube. They’re a bit redundant but I do get a little joy out of watching a bunch of scammers stumble on their words as their computer network gets ripped up with malware.