Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

It went down near the Maldives in the Indian Ocean so the earlier prediction was more accurate? Space is weird. You aliens are on notice.

Maybe it took out Diego Garcia. That would be pretty funny.

Also funny I think it actually went down between the time of Melkerson’s post and my response to him. Aliens think they’re sooo funny.

1 Like

You really must not have expected much.

I’d rather rewatch a Trump COVID presser

you selfish little mf I already called dibs

1 Like

There is so much I have to ask about this post but I’ll start with:

I don’t eat butter but I thought the sticks already were giant blocks; there’s an even bigger cuboid block?

The Puritans invented Vegas to prove their own point.

A normal stick is 4 ounces and they come 4 to a box, the giant block is a full pound the same size as the box of 4 sticks.

2 Likes

Uh oh, get ready for me and Clovis vs the world.

2 Likes

Madness. I refuse to believe this and I refuse to google a picture of it and I will be repressing any picture of it somebody else posts.

logging off

Well, not really, but I was reflecting on how one of most amazing reoccurring twitter experiences I have is watching anti-pipeline activists suddenly realize that the only thing they have in common (indigenous person vs indigenous person is especially sad) is not liking pipelines.

ok now logging off

That seems… excessive to the point of counter-productiveness, honestly. I melt a little bit and put it in the oil.

The smell of melted butter makes me literally throw up; like, I have to fight back heaves. How weird is that?

I’ve thought so little about it that I’m only googling it for the first time right now.

p.s.

Parmesan is actually one of my favorite foods so the plot thickens.

The smell is disinctive, but pleasant to me. There’s some very basic staple food that I can’t even name, something made with flour and water, you make little cakes of it, and the smell of those is beyond repellent to me. Like, literally a “this is not food” smell like my body is trying to warn me about something. Smells like an industrial chemical process.

A chef cook friend said the smell of butter is one of those universally all-time great smells so there must be something like the cilantro-soap business happening. That convo was before google though and all the greatness that comes with google:

It smells yellow? Definitely a strong smell of yellow with hints of freedom and outer space.

1 Like

pancakes?

No, something similar but more savoury. I only remember the smell from my childhood and occasionally smelling it in someone else’s place, I obviously never cook them myself.