Wild fire season 2021

One of these metal pieces struck Ms. Kreimeyer in the head, “causing instant death,” the statement said.

She was standing with other family members about 45 feet from the device. The projectile that struck her continued 144 yards farther through the air and landed in a field, the statement said.

Obviously tragic but i love when articles like this try to paint the goriest possible picture of what happened without explicitly saying so. Just say she was decapitated. It’s less horrible than that paragraph, lol.

1 Like

Holy shit look up KOBI-NBC5 on Facebook. Entire town of Phoenix Oregon is on fire. Video is live.

ZOMG.

Sabo the dog and me spent an evening in Medford waiting for I-5 to be opened at the OR/CA border during the devastating 2018 Camp Fire. Cool town. I hope everyone is safe.

2 Likes

ZOMG.

1 Like

yup. That’s not you though, right? Thought you lived closer to/in the city

Wow. Town of about 5,000 being evacuated as the fire overruns it, the I-5 is apparently bumper to bumper.

You are correct, we aren’t getting this warning in the city.

1 Like

1 Like

Yikes! Good luck.

It’s not really that close to me, we’ll be fine. Only issue here is air quality.

1 Like

https://kobi5.com/news/fire-in-ashland-triggers-evacuations-136194/

The video is live when you click on it

My niece in Sweethome Oregon (and her husband and toddler and my brother who was visiting her) got evacuated.

thisisfine.jpg

https://twitter.com/AlishaGrauso/status/1303554991748128769?s=20

1 Like

JFC 2020 chill the fuck out. No filter.

Oregon

4 Likes

you’re not gonna like 2021 then

5 Likes

The fires have moved away from my house so far thank god, the firefighters kicked some serious ass. That said I woke up this morning and its pretty windy and I can smell smoke very strongly, so obviously things can change in a big hurry.

7 Likes

It feels like it’s only a matter of time before a major wildfire hits a major metropolitan area on the West Coast, unless we’re just that good at fighting fires? Maybe we are?

But like the level of fires we’ve seen the last couple years is probably about what we’re going to see, if not worse, for at least a decade or two even if we start doing everything right 1/21/21, which, spoiler alert, we’re not.

How many years can we roll the dice before something gets out of control, the wind shifts, and a major metropolitan area is on fire?

On the other hand, I guess we’re working toward herd immunity (no more trees).

the tsunami wave from the earthquake in japan combined with the hurricane from texas will take care of the fire easily

2 Likes

Ah yes, I’ve always wanted to see a fire hurinami

2 Likes

Fire can’t spread through urban areas easily like it can through native habitat. Thankfully, the odds of some kind of massive urban fire is relatively low due to the way we build cities.

Unfortunately, your herd immunity idea won’t work as grass fires are worse than forest fires in terms of speed!