Who will run in 2020?

So…will the NYT or the warren campaign offer to pay the legal bills from the lawsuit that will invariably bankrupt the guy who’s net worth is ~100k?

It’s ok, even if he did break his NDA and get sued into oblivion by McKinsey, you can bet the media would be out with stories the next day about how Pete is untrustworthy because he broke an NDA.

I do so love the insinuation that an entry-level analyst is the mastermind behind McKinsey’s policies and corporate decisions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-06/warren-calls-on-buttigieg-to-disclose-his-mckinsey-clients

Welcome to being considered an actual threat in this race, GOPete. Now let’s see you put up with the oncoming assault of everyone calling you out on your shit.

I do appreciate the clapback by Pete’s team asking Warren to release her tax returns though. The gloves are coming off!

1 Like

late-night shitposting!

10 Likes

I was notified by an @ in this post. Was there a pre-edit scorch?

MSNBC goes after GOPete and praises Bernie!?!?!

2 Likes

True story. Trump and Bush both trashed the money saved by previous Democratic administrations on tax cuts for the rich and insane military spending.

https://twitter.com/InRegardstoAli/status/1202412355893841921

just saying

1 Like

Zero chance we can flip them while Trumps in office, they feel justified in their feelings. I mean millions of people have tried to flip trumpers and I know of zero successful cases.

But after he’s out of office I think its possible. Especially if he gets crushed in 2020 and they realize most people don’t actually share their views. And even more so if we can enact some progressive legislation and make their lives better.

https://twitter.com/4rg3n1s/status/1201324121457475585?s=19

Totally believable anecdote from somebody who apparently grew up with GOPete. I make no claims about the validity of this story, but the time stamps of the first two tweets lend credibility. And even if not 100% true, this is one of the reasons many voters don’t like or trust him.

3 Likes

Not to pile on Pete but also this:

p.s. I stress it’s not a pile on because I’m more about illuminating this insidious and opportunistic performative wokeness bullshit. I fucked with champstark just a few days ago for doing it when attacking Pete.

2 Likes

lmao Bloomberg really called Booker “well-spoken”

https://twitter.com/alexi/status/1202940340539469824

I buy 100% of that. It’s been my read on Pete since I actually liked him. I mean just look at how he operates, carries himself, and his resume lol. He’s nothing if not ambitious.

So anything besides 100% nonstop praise means the media is treating him unfairly? Pete probably would have dropped out months ago if not for being a mainstream media darling.

4 Likes

I would never trust anyone whose ambition since they were old enough to think for themselves was to be president. That means you’ve never truly thought about what it actually means to be president.

Eh, nearly every candidate ever is wildly, pathologically ambitious. That’s sort of necessary to get the job.

Apologies. Thought maybe you could use an alternative news source, but then realized you’d never pry yourself away from the Maddow/Cooper talking head types

I absolutely agree with this. At the same time it’s not an accident that my top 3 are Yang, Warren, and Bernie… in other words the three candidates who are the least motivated by pure personal ambition. Not saying they aren’t ambitious, all three are obviously strong type A personalities, but I don’t think any of them seriously thought they were going to be POTUS as a child lol.

Except Bernies whole thing in 2016 was fine fuck it ill do it. Someone has to represent the left in this thing.

Don’t think I agree with this except for Bernie.

Warren/Yang are definitely super ambitious. I don’t really see a problem with any of this unless someone has carefully planned their entire life around trying to be President (like GOPete).

1 Like