Who will run in 2020?

@boredsocial @MrWookie

Bernie’s just the guy everyone should get behind and most here should stop looking for imperfections in him because what he brings will out do anyone ever in terms of readjusting the balance of power to the people.

By the people For the people Bernie 2020. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

If I actually had any confidence that he could personally execute on that I’d be with you.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1199423144282468352

Get involved :sweat_smile: You make the difference, as your the people… :sweat_smile:

The folks who are with Bernie and his campaign are amazing people from what I see.

Quinnpiac poll Pete ahead of Sanders/warren

Nationally

I took what Pete was saying as quite a bit different. I took it as: black kids can see that there are no economic opportunities for them at the end of getting an education, so they have less incentive to go get it.

Which, to me, is correct. It’s not blaming black people, it’s not blaming black parents, it’s blaming systemic racism that’s holding down their communities economically. That, along with underfunding, is a huge part of the problem.

4 Likes

He’s going to be very tough to beat if he keeps this momentum going, and he doesn’t have to shift on any of his policies to keep it going. He’s a talented politician.

1 Like

The question, though, is how those kinds of comments will sound to black voters who are highly sensitive to the hidden messages in those kinds of statements. As evidenced by the article, at least some part of the voter base is going to react badly to that kind of comment. This is just reason #894357 why centrism is a potentially bad approach in the current environment. The Dems should find a candidate that comes out swinging at the failures of past policy to help communities that need help, not try to find common ground with Republicans or carefully parse talking points to make then subtlety different form Republican talking points.

He’s pretty much just copying the guys who won D presidential primaries nationally. Everyone else not as smart to just do that.

1 Like

Where are all the Black Twitter Ain’t Havin’ No Bernie people on Buttigieg?

Some people try to be honest instead.

jimmy carter the last time that won?

only time that won?

Even lincoln realized he could put douglas in a no win political situation so he did that.

Very excited for the DNC’s 2020 post-mortem report which will blame low PoC turnout for Pete’s “unexpected” loss

1 Like

I agree with most of that.

Follow up to the root article, just posted:

1 Like

So is Pete a secret progressive or a secret conservative?

Both, depending on who you talk to.

Or either, depending on who you talk to.

The real answer is: he rejects those labels.

So he’s a secret hippie?

That’s an inside joke, just for me. My wife’s uncle, 10 years younger than her dad, was probably a big hippie. I asked him if he was and he said, “I don’t really use labels”, which I took as a big yes.

Liked this paragraph:

A mediocre white kid with mediocre intelligence and mediocre parents can easily make it in America,” I explained, blackly. “A smart black kid with smart parents and a supportive community still has to fight every day to hope to reach the levels of what a mediocre white man accomplishes. And, odds are, they still might not make it.

3 Likes