Who will run in 2020?

Gotta say Yang just moved up from #2 to #1 for me. Warren seems to be deflating, and Yang is still great. I don’t get why some of you don’t see how much better he is than the rest of the field. I really don’t. But I believe my own eyes.

1 Like

I’m not convinced he would be able to rally people up as much as Bernie. I think Bernie gives the best chance of a blue senate and he has said he isn’t afraid to endorse primary contenders to incumbent regressive democrats.

I also don’t think he would be as good of a leader, lack of experience, etc - however I have confidence that he would surround himself with smart people and build a great cabinet that would help fill some of those gaps he has.

He’s my #2/#3 and likely the more I hear from WARren he will be my #2 soon

2 Likes

Man, that’s exactly what Trump said he’d do.

3 Likes

Except Yang doesn’t have NPD and is an actual smart person.

4 Likes

Neither of those is entirely obvious.

Just say you haven’t done any research at all on Yang because you don’t think he’s a serious candidate. This post is mega mega stupid. Like if I were you I’d delete it. It’s really really bad.

Yang has no record or experience at all. It’s absurd for him to even be running for POTUS. I like his ideas just fine, but that’s not enough. And starting at POTUS in electoral politics is a pretty big indication of NPD.

13 Likes

I’ve developed a very strong (and very justified) distrust of tech bros over the past 20 years and he rings all my warning bells.

5 Likes

You would be right if anyone else was within any kind of range of proposing the correct solutions to absolutely any of our problems. He’s said it over and over again that his first reaction to digging into what was going on and being horrified was to try to lobby some politicians on doing the right things… and all he got was crickets chirping.

What exactly was he supposed to do instead? He’s also been very clear that he’s fine with either being the nominee or the nominee taking up some semblance of the right solutions.

He’s the only candidate in the race who has any understanding of how inherently insane it is to run for president ironically.

OK but what is he wrong about. Be specific please. I get where you’re coming from. He’s definitely somewhat polished and comes across like a 40 year old business guy.

He’s supposed to do something like AOC did. Run for congress. Even Mayor of a medium sized city in Indiana would be something. Still not enough, but something.

3 Likes

These points are almost word for word from the first two of her “convoluted tweets.” So you’re saying you didn’t even bother reading it, just trusted everyone else’s interpretation of it to form your opinion? Imagine if everyone did that? (Hint: you don’t need to imagine, that’s what happened)

2 Likes

His viewpoint on the matter is that there isn’t enough time for that. I happen to agree. Like you guys get that we have a very limited window to work with here before WAAF right? Like we might already be there.

The Republic is literally teetering on the edge of the abyss. If Trump had been competent we’d have already gone over the edge. Right now the global economy is basically 1939 with impending climate disaster coming incoming in <5 years which will bring a wave of refugees bigger than anything in human history as the warmer currently habitable places become no longer habitable slamming into the global north like a tidal wave.

Combine that with automation knocking out some double digit % of available jobs and the end of the dollar as the global reserve currency (thanks Donald!) and it’s going to get really fucking bumpy.

But yeah by all means Yang should spend 15 years building up a track record before running for president so that you can feel comfortable with his experience level.

$1000/month is not the pressing thing that will unfuck us. The only immediate impact of electing, say, Bernie or Liz would have is that we’d immediately have someone as POTUS who isn’t some sort of gimmick or reality TV personality. That would be something of an immediate unfucking.

1000 a month would unfuck us pretty well actually. Good luck convincing the typical American that climate change really matters when they can’t cough up 400 dollars for an unexpected bill. We have to do something about peoples desperation before we can do anything else. Poor whites do not want to hear about anything but how you’re going to help them not be homeless in 2 years when their shitty job either goes out of business or automates them away.

What’s Yang’s solution to this? You should have been on Team Inslee. And he was perhaps the most qualified candidate in the race.

2 Likes

Use UBI to move inland, iirc.

1 Like

Giving people more money would almost certainly be bad for the climate.

Putting in a big fat carbon tax would definitely be good for it. It’s basically the only viable option.

One of the takeaways from the impeachment hearings ought to be that sometimes career government swamp creatures are actually competent, decent people and maybe experience in government can be a good thing. But I suspect the idea that businessbros are all mega geniuses is too baked into the American DNA.

5 Likes