Who will run in 2020?

I watched the town hall with the San Diego contingent of HRC and the San Diego Democrats for Equality. The overall consensus among the majority-LGBT audience there (supporters of many different candidates) was that Warren’s attitude was too flippant for a serious forum like this. They felt like her attitude was showing how not-seriously she was taking these things, like, haha gay rights are cool, let’s have a laugh, meanwhile trans people are dying.

Sure, she had funny lines, but the overall look, to them, was not great.

Sorry. She’s my second choice, but to the folks watching, she was disappointing.

Not gonna argue against their take, but to me her bubbliness came across more as “super excited to be here” more than “haha gay rights are cool, let’s have a laugh.” The excitement did seem a little forced, to me.

But wow, speaking of “let’s have a laugh,” did anyone catch Kamala Harris’s interaction with Cuomo when she first came out? She said “Thank you… and my pronouns are she, her, and hers.” That seemed a little cringy/pandery to me, but the audience clapped and cheered, then Cuomo said “Mine too.” Harris said “alright” and was clearly uncomfortable.

Who decided a meathead like Cuomo was the guy to host this?

3 Likes

Yeah, we caught that too. The room was basically a live-action version of this gif:

https://gfycat.com/anxioustastyiguana

My reaction to Cuomo

https://twitter.com/paddyraffcomedy/status/1181867636243738625?s=09

Re Warren: I only saw that one clip that was posted in the thread, and as one answer to one question I thought it was fine (probably doesn’t play well with the “stick to econ and stay out of identity politics crowd” but whatevs), but if she kept that same energy the whole time, I could see how that would come off as less than serious. Basically, it’s great to rock the pink boas @ a pride parade but make sure you’re dropping some plans to facilitate non bio parent adoption, pass ENDA, and expand Title VII if the SCOTUS drops some bad rulings this session.

1 Like

I guess Biden can distract away from his creepy moments with women by being creepy to gay dudes?

Man, 2012 Biden gaffes were so much better than 2019 Biden gaffes…

Biden apologizes to Obama for marriage flap

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1182803465086464000?s=19

8 Likes

Now that’s gangsta

2 Likes

This is some legit 5-D chess from Team Warren.

3 Likes

Goddamn do I love Warren. That’s absolutely perfect. Imagine her running directly vs Trump. Good god the beat down.

2 Likes

Holy shit this is amazing

2 Likes

Soros included. Buffett is the only billionaire I’ve heard say he wants taxes raised on billionaires. The philanthropists want control and aside from that one guy who gave basically all of it away they want the glory. Look at how Zuckerberg is behaving despite his plans to give money away. Rockafeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt and those guys gave away a lot too, all the while being totally dedicated to preserving the oligarchy. Steyer has his agenda and I expect his giving a lot to Democratic candidates would be bad – like good for Pelosi/Schumer and bad for Bernie/AOC and America.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1183076898987008007

4 Likes

RCP average Tom Steyer is now tied with Pete at 3.5 in at least one state.

Biden 32, Warren 22, Sanders 17
in the last national poll

Oh, and looking this up, Steyer has given more to Democrats than anyone, including Soros (3x as much) and more than anyone has given to the GOP except for Addelson. 5 out of 6 of the biggest donors have been Democratic donors.

Yeah, looking at these billionaires, I don’t think they are the people the Democratic Party needs and I don’t think they’re going to be leading the way to getting money out of politics.

At least put a little effort into this bullshit. She wasn’t even in the Senate when the bailout happened.

1 Like

You know who was a senator that opposed the bailout?

Of the top of my head I’ll go with McCain.

Mostly for gotcha factor. But really I don’t know.

Edit: I’m dumb.

In lol Tulsi news, NYT ran a pretty solid hit piece today. Given her base (including one of my students, smh), it’ll probably help her fundraising.

Weird Mike on Tulsi.

And here’s televangelist Franklin Graham.