Who will run in 2020?

Buttigieg might be the only candidate to ever really feel stung by being given Pinocchios.

1 Like

I did not realize that dems have tougher races than R’s do overall for the house till just now.

Twitter is losing their shit because Van Drew (NJ-2, R’s appear to be gaining in that state) and Peterson (MN7, which is clearly Trumplandistan) are either NO’s are definitely NO’s.

Peterson can get thrown a bone here, he’s been in the house since 1990 and is gonna be in a very tough race where if he loses that seat is red for probably at least the next thirty years.

Several others have tough decisions to make. Don’t envy them, but hope they do realize that it’s pretty much didn’t matter anyway.

Okay Biden

he’s probably never been called motherfucking three pinocchios before.

@LikeClockwork here’s the full clip, so you can hear the context. It’s only a couple minutes long

https://twitter.com/SevenDicey/status/1202708200438542347?s=20

1 Like

22 Likes

tl;dr: Reggie Love, body man; Austan Goolsbee, economic adviser; and Linda Douglass, comms director for Health Reform office

2 Likes

Mr. Buttigieg spent more time in Afghanistan. While Iraq had a fairly well-educated populace, a modern road system and large oil revenues, Afghanistan was far less developed. But the mission was similar: identify small and medium-size businesses to nurture so that they could employ Afghans, providing an attractive alternative to joining the Taliban while fueling economic growth.

Citing his nondisclosure agreement, Mr. Buttigieg declined to specify in the interview what he had worked on, though he mentioned having looked at opportunities in the agricultural industry — onions, tomatoes, olive oil — as well as paint manufacturing.

Only question left is was it drugs or guns he was running for the CIA?

Guns that shoot drugs.

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps

@BestOf

2 Likes

The olive oil business. I’ve heard that one before. Totally legitimate.

1 Like

GOPete ButtiCIA

I tried.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’m not really following Pete, but adding this to his platform would definitely get my attention

Lawrence O’donnell hammering Mayor Pete and talking about how Bernie and Biden and Klobachar worked to reduce the deficit.

Not a great look, my man.

That’s a joke right?

In various interviews, he has said working at McKinsey taught him about the power of big data, that it taught him “street smarts,” and that it convinced him to enter public service.

He has not offered the kind of details necessary to take the measure of that account.

Instead, in some more recent interviews, Mr. Buttigieg has sought to play down his McKinsey years, telling one reporter, “It’s not something that I think is essential in my story.”

But that is inconsistent with the manner in which Mr. Buttigieg has chosen to present himself to voters, as a candidate with roots in the private sector. Those three years at McKinsey represent Mr. Buttigieg’s only substantial claim on such experience.

The Times reported this week that the consulting firm has advised the Trump administration on the logistics of its cruel crackdown on immigration. McKinsey also has offered its services as a consultant to brutal and corrupt governments and state-owned enterprises in other countries, including China, Russia and Saudi Arabia.

He misspelled exposing.

2 Likes

Did you make that? Such a perfect mashup of current events/meme. Makes me think of the Yes/Yes/No segments of the Reply All podcast where two people try to explain a multi layered tweet or meme to a third person who is unfamiliar with any of the individual parts.