Who will run in 2020?

What B’s in 2020 will bloom :joy: or something similar… For a new thread

Democratic Primary 2020: Are we sure these aren’t Republicans?

(s/o to @boredsocial and @Trolly for inspiration :D)

2 Likes

Biden, Pete, and Klob would all be Republicans if our system hadn’t been completely captured and turned into an oligarchy. The idea that these people are ‘liberal’ in 2020 makes my head hurt. I’m a fucking centrist. Me. I’m a middle of the goddamn road moderate. That means if you’re to my fucking right you’re at least somewhat right wing.

Related:

1 Like

At the risk of becoming a pariah, I’d rather the Dems back off of guns than supporting civil rights if they need votes from yokels.

2 Likes

Last I checked the candidate with the longest record of civil rights activism is handily beating Trump in heads-up polling. This idea that our nation is full of persuadable diner patrons is NYT gaslighting.

2 Likes

We need their votes for sure. Also we really need to stop doing stuff like calling them yokels. There’s a reason why the GOP didn’t want AOC to go meet a bunch of coal miners. That would have been a disaster for them.

We can win these people super easily by offering to actually help them. It helps that the overlap between what helps them and what helps POC’s has a shitload of overlap.

This is what I’d show them if they don’t like being called yokels. (NSFW I guess if your boss is in charge of what you can and can’t watch)

Eh. The Yokels were the ones in the right when the cities in the Northeast decided to not vote for William Jennings Bryan. That was a huge establishment ‘divide and conquer’ victory and ever since the urban working class and the rural working class have been on opposing sides.

Unifying the working class inside one party would change the politics of this country forever. Making fun of the working class voters on the other side isn’t helping anything.

1 Like

I won’t post the video again, but I trust everyone is going to watch it for a second time.

Apropos of nothing, that leaves me wanting to see this:

1 Like

John Delaney’s Rise To The Nomination - 2020 Democratic Primaries

alternatively Do Nothing Democrat Destruction Derby 2020

2 Likes

Ha ha, love that.

Sometime it’s almost like when I hear someone is religious, I’m like, that’s the way, don’t conform.

But my atheism remains secure, even with Sam Harris in the world.

1 Like

I tried to listen to Chapo but just did not take to it. Intellectually, I agree with Riv, too superficial. As entertainment, I’d like it as a participant at a bar, but as a podcast there’s too much dreck to wade through to find the inspired spots.

1 Like

It’s not clever but someone had to do it:

MB, your writing off a large section of society hurts my heart. Arkansas went 65% for Trump, and 65% for raising the minimum wage. There is potential. There are so many kind people who believe what they do only halfheartedly, because everyone around them has always thought that way.

Seriously, watch The Free State of Jones.

Winning over all who can be won over is much preferable to facing them in militias. I am not naive about the challenge, I frigging live here.

I’m not writing anyone off and I’ve said many times that places like West Virginia and Oklahoma are places where there has been a big left-wing. And the white people there are not all racists either.

Still, Barbara Streisand video. I promise not to get my jimmies rustled if you make fun of Californians.

New thread… Locked by Smacc_25