Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

How many Kamala memes were there when she was in the Senate, though?

You can’t really go by that. The stuff you see is just scripted for soundbites that will be played in the future. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t even make sense in the context of whatever Senate thing is happening. She probably workshops it with her staff and then regurgitates it later. Also it’s much easier to look smart when you’re the one asking the questions (instead of answering them).

Just say no to desk drawers - clutter magnets for 99% of stuff you’ll never use.

To know that, I’d have to exist in the context of all in which I live and what came before me.

9 Likes

You think those soundbites just fell out of a coconut tree?

5 Likes

what the fuck are you talking about??? the coconut true thing wasn’t in a debate or even in a Q&A. she was standing at a podium delivering prepared remarks.

Sorry, during covid I became radicalized about fountain pens as a coping mechanism. As we all know, fountain pens are just a gateway drug to stationary which eats drawers like potato chips…

2 Likes

This is some main character syndrome going on there. They wanted to believe they were the center of this big crime ring and they wanted to live through it like a movie.

So many dumb things they had to ignore to get all the way through it. The scammers had to be shocked it worked.

1 Like

nah they know if you do this to enough people you’ll eventually get a live one

Exactly. These are tried and true methods. Scams have always worked. Scams will always work.

I am talking about why she sounded good in Senate hearings. Coconut tree wasn’t from a senate hearing, was it?

https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1760123260707254446

Taking the passive voice to extremes. And a shitty typo on top of that.

JFK died today after allegedly being involved in an assassination attempt.

4 Likes

the amount of deadnaming and misgendering in those comments is both disturbing and not surprising.

Woah woah woah. That’s editorializing. He was clearly allegedly involved in a shooting incident with a suspected assassin.

so she can workshop stuff with staffers for a senate hearing, but she can’t do that for a speech she’s delivering as vice president? this is what you’re going with?

Sudden death syndrome is going to be the number 1 cause of death at this rate.

She could. I guess she chose not to.

I can imagine that as a prosecutor she is used to preparing for examining witnesses and such, so that part is second nature. Maybe that instinct doesn’t kick in when talking about falling out of coconut trees.

What do the tables say about ice cream consumption in Octogenarians and death?

Saw a news story yesterday that Blunt Trauma was not the cause of death and the coroner is not releasing the causs of death until after toxicology, which really leaves me at a loss of what happened. Clearly they hit their head during the fight and went to the hospital later in the day. Were they prescribed something that was used incorrectly? Is the coroner a good coroner or one of those whack jobs elected who have no idea what the inside of a body really looks like?

I mean, its Oklahoma so Im leaning towards the latter, but it kinda changes how the case should be viewed

Gonna have to assume there’s some bullshit going on with the authorities and this kid did not magically die from unrelated brain trauma after getting their head smashed against a paper towel dispenser.

2 Likes