Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Can you even imagine if Eishenhower’s Interstate Highway Act was Pete’s “here’s how you get more truck (that’s lorry to you) drivers on the road: make it legal to stuff 18-year olds in the cab who can never sleep” and other stuff just cribbed straight from the largest corporations’ wishlists

I hadn’t heard of that brainwave. What an appalling man.

1 Like

Eisenhower: robust public goods are, well, great!

Pete: privatize everything. End regulations. The only regulation should be a cap on the wages of truck drivers and railroad safety officials.

Sure if you’re just going to make up a position you can say that Pete opposes public infrastructure projects. Of course he is the Sec of Transportation in charge of implementing the infrastructure bill.

1 Like

Sounds like bad news for the infrastructure bill. It would be like if Louis DeJoy was in charge of the post office

1 Like

As long as gay people aren’t building them.

1 Like

There could be work that needs to be done in Afghanistan for some reason rather than stateside. Maybe forensic accounting is one of those things, and I’m sure there are others. It also makes sense for it to be classified, given the sensitivity of it and the military’s absurd obsession with overclassifying everything. It’s also pretty common for firms to have rules to avoid disclosure of clients.

My firm even uses stupid numbers internally to refer to clients, like instead of referring to 3-letter agency X they call it “government client 200”. It’s very dumb and should be laughed at but it could have been a McKinsey rule too, idk.

Management consulting is a much broader field than doing time-motion studies and firing people. Most of these companies will chase whatever work they can get paid to do, which would include providing direct program support for intelligence programs, too

2 Likes

I refuse to accept this as the reason for you being anti-Pete. It must be homophobia.

1 Like

Does it have to be real to be “the reason”?

The entire military famously runs on bureaucratic pencil-pushing logistics guys, of course they have god knows how many management consultant dweebs on the payroll.

Government contracts also tend to have much more of a staff augmentation / butts-in-seats component compared to commercial contracts, which are more short term ime, another reason not to necessarily assume these management consulting firms are doing the same thing for the government that stereotypical management consultants do for commercial firms

I guess what I’m getting at is that based on my perspective it’s feasible that Pete could have been doing a boring desk job that was both overclassified and unable to be disclosed per his firm’s client confidentiality rules. I don’t know enough about McKinsey’s intel work to know whether that’s more likely than Pete doing actual spook shit

The Navy is the gayest branch to go into.

I hope this is a seamen joke

Village People reference, I’ll bet.

1 Like

I was trying to write out that the Air Force climbed up after shirtless volleyball Top Gun but they were in the Navy too!

He says he went into enemy territory 119 times or something. The idea he had some boring desk job isn’t backed up by what Pete himself says.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/442082-documents-provide-glimpse-into-buttigiegs-military-service/

An amazing unrelated tidbit from that article:

“I did not believe the Afghanistan War was a mistake,” Buttigieg wrote

1 Like

NJR has defintely been posted all over here or back on 2p2. I don’t seek out or read political stuff outside of what I see on these forums and I know who he is.

1 Like

When it comes to things like supporting Mayor Pete for transportation secretary, supplying military aid for Ukraine, understanding whether Trump was trying to seize power, and whether or not to prosecute Trump for crimes, a lot of so-called True Leftists have a lot more in common with Republicans than with Bernie Sanders, too, so maybe you could try being more civil.

3 Likes

And that spitter’s name was Albert Einstein.

Stop me when you see it.

3 Likes

Like this post if you’re aware of who wrote the article

1 Like