Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

@BestOf

Slings and arrows doesn’t work in this case. People disagreed with your political allegiances and judgements, that’s all.

Stanning is something ineffectual online people do.

I worked for his campaign. In real life. I walked miles, knocked thousands of doors, made hundreds of calls, planned countless events all over San Diego county, corralled hundreds of volunteers, and sent thousands of texts.

I got yelled at and spat at in real life by young Bernie supporters who couldn’t be fucked to get out and vote anyway. Ironically, the Republicans were nicer.

This is not true. If you can’t read that article and see the homophobia, then I honestly don’t know what to say. There is disliking Pete for politics, then there is some of the more disgusting stuff that quite frankly, you probably don’t ever see, and that’s OK. Probably better off continuing to think that everyone on the left is a paragon of equity.

You haven’t been insinuating or outright stating that people here don’t like Pete because they are homophobes? For a long time and also very recently?

Asking you to actually back up something this hateful seems like the bare minimum.

It was classified! LMAO

Weird. I thought he was just driving people to meetings and waiting outside (according to what Pete says). Seems odd to make that kind of behavior classified.

My dude, most happenings in a war zone are classified. Sorry to disappoint you.

Also, things stay classified for years.

Are McKinsey guys ever allowed to talk about what they do? I don’t think he was up to much good, but I also don’t know that we can assume he was torturing babies or whatever as opposed to being a bean counter or driving dipshits around.

Pete worked on things that are classified with the CIA. Agree or disagree?

He also wouldn’t talk much about his McKinsey deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. Also classified? If so then how the fuck is CIA Pete not true?

I didn’t say that but obviously being a bean counter isn’t going to be classified.

CIA Pete is demonstrably true even if just barely. He worked with a unit in Afghanistan that worked directly with the CIA. That is in Pete’s military records. What we don’t know is what level of involvement Pete had. Maybe he was just a driver and a piggyback enthusiast!

1 Like

Not enough information to answer your question.

Could be classified with the DOD. Or the NSA. Or the NRO or DIA or who the fuck knows. It’s classified!

So you admit you don’t have enough information to know what Pete was up to in Afghanistan? Glad we agree!

Right and maybe Vicky Nuland was just handing out cookies in Ukraine 2014

patently untrue. If you’re using financial records to isolate terrorist cells, you bet your ass that is gonna be classified.

Well he admitted he was doing that, sounds pretty unclassified to me.

Like the whole idea that Pete admitted to bean counting and driving and piggyback rides and then saying BUT ITS CLASSIFIED has to be one of the worst arguments of all time. Clearly the shit we don’t know about is the classified part.

Ah, I see what’s happening here. You are operating from the faulty assumption that “classified” = “nefarious” or “evil”.

That is just not true.

It’s kind of like when you call a couple hundred people homophobes because your feelings are hurt from 3+ years ago.

Dude, I can tell you that my first job in the air force was working on a program that involved the payloads on the U2.

I cannot tell you what those were. It’s classified.

Do you see the parallel here? Pete worked on an anti-terrorism financial unit. The details are classified. You cannot pull up the spreadsheets he used because they are classified. facepalm