Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Once again…active duty.

Reserves and National Guard have a different process.

Yeah that’s the line that got me. I’d never even heard of ether of those entities.

I’m curious about this. Assume some aimless, 22 year old with a BA in Art History. Seems reasonably bright but not overly intellectually curious; has average computer skills; decent people skills but rather introverted.

What types of commissions are there for potential OTS graduates like these?

Still waiting for a list of people accused of liking NJR, who didn’t write this article

1 Like

Not seeing why a Rhodes Scholar would have too much trouble getting slotted in as an officer. Plus, you have to assume he’s got some decent connections/recommendations after Harvard/Oxford.

Assuming active duty…if they complete OTS successfully, then it’s whatever the military wants.

What happens when you get your commission is they ask you for your top 5 choices of MOS. They try to stick to one of those, but if there’s something critically undermanned, then all bets are off.

Like I said, degree really doesn’t matter unless you are an engineer, doctor, or lawyer, basically. Art history dude could end up as a pilot, a project manager, an intel officer, logistics, whatever.

1 Like

On the flip side how many “anti-war protestors” with these credentials are going to sign up to go to Afghanistan to work with the CIA?

Those are all demonstrable facts based on his actual military record and Pete’s own statements. It is odd. Maybe there is nothing nefarious there. But it’s hard to blame people for wondering WTF exactly is going on with him.

I guess I’m stuck in the past like everyone else. Because the article by NJR that she references in this “book review” was posted here and lauded by pretty much everyone.

Also, a lot of the stuff they post lines right up with the furthest left stuff I see here, especially the railing against Democrats.

I have to admit, “Matthew Shepard’s murder was actually economic anxiety and he was no angel anyway” was not something I expected to see lauded by someone who touts herself as a queer activist in a book review about a young adult memoir, but here we are. Please, don’t try to defend that because despite what you may think, I actually do respect you, but that would make me lose it all.

Going to need some cites on this one. I’ve read 90% of the posts here and I don’t remember this or people fawning over NJR.

Who or what the fuck is NJR?

4 Likes

Nathan J. Robinson, a semi-famous union buster/anti-labor activist.

3 Likes

The protesters are not all smart enough to know they can’t go over there themselves to make the war less warlike

1 Like

Search button is right up there :arrow_upper_right:

When you’re the target of the slings and arrows of every other poster on this site, you tend to remember the damage. Check the 2020 primary thread if you must.

You keep just making absurd shit up that I never said and attributing it to me. Stop doing that.

I remember one person posting NJR as a sincere appeal to authority

But I’m not sure I’m allowed to say the username since this website’s power structure classifies it as creepily knowing something about another user’s past

7 Likes

I mean I remember you taking heat for Stanning for Pete in 2020 (and beyond). That seems pretty warranted imo. I don’t remember people “lauding” some random book review or worshiping at the feet of NJR. If it is so widespread it shouldn’t be hard to come up with an example.

It’s also pretty lame to make blanket accusations towards the entire forum and when asked for proof hide behind “people were mean to me in 2020” imo.

Frankly you have been calling people here who didn’t like Pete homophobes for years and that goes far beyond anything that has been hurled back at you.

4 Likes

You’re allowed to find that post and link to it.

Just stop with the pointless doxxing games which seems incredibly stupid since one target went so far as to post his real name on twoplustwo.

Heh, I’m guessing he probably didn’t bring that up much when he was gunning for an officer spot and probably played it up more when he moved into politics.

Mostly this just seems like basic bitch political overachiever stuff: get into Harvard, do a military stint, run for office,etc. That was JD Vance’s career arc IIRC.

And it’s certainly possible that absolutely nothing nefarious happened with regard to his brief military stint. His campaign did a lousy job dealing with it though by continuously refusing to answer questions about it though and it fueled the fire.

We have the campaign refusing to answer questions from as nefarious of a news agency as ABC News regarding what exactly he was up to:

And if you google it there are dozens more. If he wasn’t up to no good why did they refuse to answer questions about what he was actually doing?